The Student Room Group

Global Warming Frustration

Does anyone have any idea's on how we're supposed to reduce green house gas emissions to decrease the temperature of the earth without thinning out the ozone layer and increasing the probability of U.V radiation hitting the earth surfaces and causing greater harm? Because it is spinning me out
Reply 1
If anyone does know, please tell me, I will make billions.

Also, don't get ozone and greenhouse effect (too) confused - they are different.

To reduce CO2 you'll be looking at 1. burn less fossil fuels 2. CCS (pah)
Original post by Tyrienne
Does anyone have any idea's on how we're supposed to reduce green house gas emissions to decrease the temperature of the earth without thinning out the ozone layer and increasing the probability of U.V radiation hitting the earth surfaces and causing greater harm? Because it is spinning me out

Original post by Pigster
If anyone does know, please tell me, I will make billions.

Also, don't get ozone and greenhouse effect (too) confused - they are different.

To reduce CO2 you'll be looking at 1. burn less fossil fuels 2. CCS (pah)

Yeah ozone and greenhouse effect are totally different kettles of fish. Also Ozone has mostly been resolved, greenhouse obviously not so much.
Reply 3
There is some overlap, in terms of chemicals e.g. CFCs do both, but by very different processes, one is free radical catalysis the other is IR absorption.

Quick Reply

Latest