Online sources: Legal Week or The Lawyer?

Watch
s200200300
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I am wondering which of these: legalweek or the lawyer are the better source for gaining insights of law firms?

One apparent advantage is that The Lawyer is free of charge while legal week requires a subscription fee. But would Legal Week provide some additional insights which The Lawyer doesn't?

Any comment would be much appreciated x
SmaugTheTerrible
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You don't really need to be paying to get an insight into law firms. The firm websites and free resources are more than sufficient. More helpful would be to attend open days at law firms if you are interested in gaining insights.
johnnyjonjon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Lawyer and Legal Week are going to run different articles but essentially they're the same sort of publication and you're not going to get significantly more insight by signing up to pay for one. Worth noting also that The Lawyer has a student publication.
cognito_08
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think at your level you don't need to subscribe; everything you could want is avaliable for free.

While I was doing a Vac Scheme, I was told that Legal Week is respected among law firms and they all pay for a subscription for their staff. So if you really wanted to get something, get Legal Week.
richie123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cognito_08)
I think at your level you don't need to subscribe; everything you could want is avaliable for free.

While I was doing a Vac Scheme, I was told that Legal Week is respected among law firms and they all pay for a subscription for their staff. So if you really wanted to get something, get Legal Week.
It's a preference thing: at some firms you'll see copies of The Lawyer in reception, with others it'll be Legal Week. Firms do tend subscribe to one or the other rather than both, but there's no real consensus on which is better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads