The Student Room Group

Strange Computer Science offer

Hello,

To begin with I am from Europe and all school marks are rated from 10 possible points and exams from 100%.

- I got an offer from UK university which is in top 10 in Computer Science ratings. The problem is that offer is much higher than I could ever achieve, all my 11th class marks, and 12th class predicted marks were given.

- The offer: Grade 9 overall with 10 in Maths in years 11 or 12, PLUS 90% in Maths State Final Examination

- .Overall grade in 12th class prediction was 8,4
.Math in 11th class was 8
.Math in 12th class prediction was 9 (+ I strongly believe that I will achieve 8)
.Math exams prediction = 85%

So to sum all of my offer points were predicted moderately lower. Why did I still got an offer from one of the top CS universities? Could it be because of my resume? Should I still try to accept this offer and expect to be successful?

Thanks for any shares or thoughts.
(edited 10 years ago)
Well, it's not an impossible offer, just a high one.
Universities sometimes do this, don't ask me why though. If it's a top uni, I'd forget about getting in with lower grades than their offer is. They don't have to take pity on anybody.
If you're sure you will not achieve the grades, I wouldn't waste the option on it. Put your favorite one with an achievable offer as firm, and a lower offer (if you have one) as insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They can offer you whatever they like. If you applied there then they assume that you think you could achieve their standard offer. If it's your favourite university then put it as your firm and work hard to achieve those grades, make sure you have a realistic insurance choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending