Turn on thread page Beta

Well, what are you guys going to do with yours? hang them on the wall? File them away? Burn them?

ReputationRep:
    mine just seem to go into my ROA n gather dust in the corner...

Is that your diploma??

I'll have to wait a while for mine... end of February I spose... I'll keep it with all my other
    stuff from High School.. which takes up two folders.

I love the way the certificates are in a nice folder... better than the HSC... they get a single
    piece of paper...

Apparently if you fail the diploma you get a piece of paper for every subject.

Have you got your IB tie yet? You're apparently supposed to get one if you pass the diploma (girls
    get a scarf).

Hang Hang Zhang wrote:
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Well, what are you guys going to do with yours? hang them on the wall? File them away? Burn them?[/q1]

James Robertson wrote:

[q1]>Is that your diploma??[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>I'll have to wait a while for mine... end of February I spose... I'll keep it with all my other[/q1]
    [q1]>stuff from High School.. which takes up two folders.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Why is that? I thought the IB sent them out at the end of January. And only two folders? Mine took
    up half a wheelie bin

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>I love the way the certificates are in a nice folder... better than the HSC... they get a single[/q1]
    [q1]>piece of paper...[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Apparently if you fail the diploma you get a piece of paper for every subject.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Have you got your IB tie yet? You're apparently supposed to get one if you pass the diploma (girls[/q1]
    [q1]>get a scarf).[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

No, never heard anything about a tie, That really sucks though, for our Old Boys, we get this ugly
    looking tie that nobody in their right mind would wear and the girls get this nice ring, For IB we
    get a tie as well which I am guessing will be just as ugly, I want a scarf dammit!

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Hang Hang Zhang wrote:[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]>>Well, what are you guys going to do with yours? hang them on the wall? File them away? Burn them?[/q2]

Hi

I just got my diploma. In the mail. It's been raining here, so the envelope has been completely
    destroyed. Was all bent too. Luckily the diploma itself survived. Email to IBO is coming up. I want
    a nice envelope that isnt destroyed by the rain and Australia Post mailing machines.

My school has a "scholars assembly" at the end of February. I thought they would have waited until
    then to give it to me. I'm not blamimg my school, I'm blaming Australia Post. There wasn't even any
    mention of "fragile" on the envelope. I am very cheesed off.

My school notes would take up a whole wheelie bin... considering that I did IB plus another subject.
    My CV sort of stuff takes up two massive overflowing folders.

I don't know about the tie anymore. It used to happen - that's what my IB and CAS Coordinators told
    me when I started. Not sure any more. Email IBO and say you heard a rumour. I can't be bothered.

Robbo

Hang Hang Zhang wrote:
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> James Robertson wrote:[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> >Is that your diploma??[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >I'll have to wait a while for mine... end of February I spose... I'll keep it with all my other[/q2]
    [q2]> >stuff from High School.. which takes up two folders.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Why is that? I thought the IB sent them out at the end of January. And only two folders? Mine took[/q1]
    [q1]> up half a wheelie bin [/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >I love the way the certificates are in a nice folder... better than the HSC... they get a single[/q2]
    [q2]> >piece of paper...[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >Apparently if you fail the diploma you get a piece of paper for every subject.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >Have you got your IB tie yet? You're apparently supposed to get one if you pass the diploma[/q2]
    [q2]> >(girls get a scarf).[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> No, never heard anything about a tie, That really sucks though, for our Old Boys, we get this ugly[/q1]
    [q1]> looking tie that nobody in their right mind would wear and the girls get this nice ring, For IB we[/q1]
    [q1]> get a tie as well which I am guessing will be just as ugly, I want a scarf dammit![/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >Hang Hang Zhang wrote:[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >>Well, what are you guys going to do with yours? hang them on the wall? File them away?[/q2]
    [q2]> >>Burn them?[/q2]

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2002
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.