The Student Room Group

A* Maths Edexcel - Opinions?

Hey guys! :smile: I am giving Edexcel Further Maths (already have A* on Maths), with the following modules: FP1-FP3 and M3-M5

*I have scored 100/100 on FP1 on the first sit.
I am sitting 5 modules:
*I am resiting FP2 for the 2nd time (highest mark 77) and resitting all the rest as well for the first time. (Passed with C 379/600)

I am aiming for an A*, which means I need 480/600 total and 270/300 on 3 modules (any except FP1).

I need your opinions on what this should imply for my revision schedule/time/overall prospect. Should I choose 3 modules and revise a lot better at them, even stealing time and effort out of the 2 others' revision?

What modules would you suggest? I think FP2, M3 and FP3 will be the easiest to go for, even though I could exchange FP3 with M4.

Doing the math, this means I could get 90 on the 3 modules, and if I get 55 and 55 on the other two, I would still score an A*.

I'm obviously not implying I would go to the M4/M5 exams prepared to write only that, since you never know what kind of mishaps may happen on the other exams (and also it would look bad on the university results).

But should I urge myself to be more prepared on 3 specific subjects?

PS. I'm really just fishing for opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest