The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

What would you recommend about Aberdeen?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dubhe1996
At the moment I'm waiting their decisions :/
I've only got a conditional offer from Aston Uni (Birmingham) but I really wish to study in Scotland :O
where do you come from?

Im from Taiwan but I'm doing my A levels in England, how about you?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by tintin97
Im from Taiwan but I'm doing my A levels in England, how about you?

I'm from Italy! And I'm doing my final exam only in June/July as well as the ielts in Feb.
what other universities have you applied to?
I am applying to Aberdeen among other unis and would really like to know what the city is like because I haven't been and missed the open day! My mum seems to have a real problem with me going to Aberdeen and she can't give a valid reason why so I would just like to know from either people that live there or have visited what Aberdeen is like and some reasons for and against going there for 4 years.

Thanks to anyone with some info!:biggrin:
Reply 23
I'm from Italy! And I'm doing my final exam only in June/July as well as the ielts in Feb.

Im also applying to birmingham, liverpool and oxford brooks, how bout you?
Im also applying to birmingham, liverpool and oxford brooks, how bout you?

I've applied to St Andrews, Exeter, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and obviously Aston University ^^
What is your subject degree?
The Moorings bar. Dress like a pirate, get 10% off all drinks P)
Reply 26
I've applied to St Andrews, Exeter, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and obviously Aston University ^^
What is your subject degree?

For Edinburgh i applied for business with geography and for Aberdeen business management. you? oh and for the IELTS don't worry too much about it cuz i had to take it as well and it wasn't too bad :smile:
For Edinburgh i applied for business with geography and for Aberdeen business management. you? oh and for the IELTS don't worry too much about it cuz i had to take it as well and it wasn't too bad :smile:

For Edinburgh I chose Law and International Relations , for Aberdeen German and IR while for St A French and IR :smile:
Having already done this test, could you give me some suggestions about the reading part? It's the most difficult for me! The time flies away!
Reply 28
For Edinburgh I chose Law and International Relations , for Aberdeen German and IR while for St A French and IR :smile:
Having already done this test, could you give me some suggestions about the reading part? It's the most difficult for me! The time flies away!

all i can really say i do a lot of practice before the test cuz most of it is about skills:smile: the practice i did before hand really paid off cuz i think i managed to get an 8.5 in the end :smile:
all i can really say i do a lot of practice before the test cuz most of it is about skills:smile: the practice i did before hand really paid off cuz i think i managed to get an 8.5 in the end :smile:

Oh my god, it's really impressive!!!! Undoubtedly I'm trying to follow your suggestion 😊
Reply 30
Hey guys! :smile:
What would you say (better from experience) is the chance of finding a job in Aberdeen while studying in the University of Aberdeen? How much does a job approximately pay and is it sufficient to pay for rent and personal expenses? Thanks :wink:
Reply 31

Hey! I am from Italy too and I applied to 5 scottish university I am waiting for Aberdeen's decision, hoping for an offer..! Just yesterday I received the acknowledgement letter!
Reply 32
To be honest, I find Aberdeen quite boring, although it's nice to have the rivers and a lot of green spaces around. The weather can be atrocious and there's not really much to do in town. That said, I'm under 18, so I can't really comment on the nightlife or student activities. I did some work experience at the university during the summer, though, and the staff were all very friendly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending