The Student Room Group

Preparation for A* C3+C4- AEA papers?

My teacher recommended i have a go at some advanced extension award papers for preparation for C3 and C4 (need 90+UMS) since i'd gotten 90UMS in my last mock and apparently they're good preparation for harder questions.

Thing is, i've had a go at one and i've probably gotten less than 50% on this paper so far, they're hard as hell :O should i just work through solomons papers etc. instead? whilst these are a great challenge i don't know if they will be as useful when it comes to my C3/4 exams than the solomons papers will.
Original post by lmorgan95
My teacher recommended i have a go at some advanced extension award papers for preparation for C3 and C4 (need 90+UMS) since i'd gotten 90UMS in my last mock and apparently they're good preparation for harder questions.

To be honest, if you're managing to get 90% in C3 and C4 papers, then I would say just dig in to a lot of past papers and do as many as possible.

You clearly understand all the content and your only mistakes will most likely be the minor errors; so timing is what you may need to work on so that you can check over your paper at the end to guarantee the 100 :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CTArsenal

To be honest, if you're managing to get 90% in C3 and C4 papers, then I would say just dig in to a lot of past papers and do as many as possible.

You clearly understand all the content and your only mistakes will most likely be the minor errors; so timing is what you may need to work on so that you can check over your paper at the end to guarantee the 100 :smile:

It definitely seems to be stupid mistakes more than anything D= can't tell you how many times i've been really proud for getting full marks on a tricky vectors question then realised i messed up and got zero on a binomial expansion question for silly mistakes.

so you think i should just grind through the solomons papers as long as they still feel useful?
Original post by lmorgan95
It definitely seems to be stupid mistakes more than anything D= can't tell you how many times i've been really proud for getting full marks on a tricky vectors question then realised i messed up and got zero on a binomial expansion question for silly mistakes.

so you think i should just grind through the solomons papers as long as they still feel useful?

yup, but make sure your priority is actual past papers because Solomon papers are a little iffy sometimes; I remember seeing a proof by contradiction question in a C3 Solomon paper and found it pretty odd, lol.
For slightly harder questions, Solomon Press is probably your best bet.

Quick Reply

Latest