The Student Room Group

OCR - G041 Applied IT exam

Is anyone else doing this exam?

My teacher is beyond ridiculous with the help we've received! Is this exam as painful to do to anyone else?

I've been given no resources or help and have been told to go off and finish task 1 by ourselves. Any help would be appreciated!! :/
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Im doing a re-take in May as I got an E last year; due to not being prepared. I got full marks on all the tasks but failed the actual exam.

For task 1 you just do as many notes as you want. i think it must only be 1 side of A4 and this will be given to you in the exam. write relevant information, maybe look at past exam papers and try to see any questions that might pop up again and write the answers to those on the task 1 as you may be asked it in the exam and then you'll have it right infront of you. keep it short and to the point as much as you can to save time; use trigger words if it help.

task 2 is relatively easy to write up as its just a communication flow diagram and if its shown on past papers, it would be the same structure, just with the information relevant to the PLS case study.

task 3 is also simple as you can get information from anywhere, the answer can be given using just common sense, consider out of the box issues or just obvious ones, like loss of employment etc.

Like I said, it is very much down to the actual exam itself to determine your success as it asks weird questions in my opinion. Imma just keep looking at past papers and making a note of the common questions and their answers.
Reply 3
I'm also retaking, the task one can be as many notes as you like as long as their relevant to the points described.

I find the mark schemes oddly specific for the section B's and therefore really difficult to get marks on!

Anyone else finding this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending