The Student Room Group

#studentfinance #university #may30 #interest? # muslim #alternatives?? ##helppp

Hola amigos... I'm hopefull going to uni this year in the UK, and have offers from a few london unis... I now need to apply for student finance before may 30 and im not sure what to do??? am I doing something against islam? how do I get around this????.... If i dont apply for student finance what will happen??? will i have to pay cash? to who? please help guys
Reply 1
Original post by maninblack
Hola amigos... I'm hopefull going to uni this year in the UK, and have offers from a few london unis... I now need to apply for student finance before may 30 and im not sure what to do??? am I doing something against islam? how do I get around this????.... If i dont apply for student finance what will happen??? will i have to pay cash? to who? please help guys

#noresearch

Student finance is only available for UK citizens.

I assume you are an international student. You pay in cash, in advance, for the sum of £15000 a year at least.
Reply 2
Original post by tehforum
#noresearch

Student finance is only available for UK citizens.

I assume you are an international student. You pay in cash, in advance, for the sum of £15000 a year at least.

sorry, i shouldnt have said "hola" no, im a british student
Reply 3
It'
sorry, i shouldnt have said "hola" no, im a british student

It does go against the whole interest thing.
There's no way round it except for paying for it yourself.

And I think the interest rule is a stupid one which restricts people like yourself going to university because of some outdated rule.
Reply 4
Original post by tehforum
It'

It does go against the whole interest thing.
There's no way round it except for paying for it yourself.

And I think the interest rule is a stupid one which restricts people like yourself going to university because of some outdated rule.

thank you for replying, im not sure what you mean by "paying for it yourself".... when do you actually pay the money? in both scenarios?
Reply 5
thank you for replying, im not sure what you mean by "paying for it yourself".... when do you actually pay the money? in both scenarios?

For student finance, you pay the money once you're earning £21000 or more per year. 9% of your salary is taken to pay off your student loan.

If you pay by cash, you pay at the start of the year I believe.
Reply 6
Can you take out some of Islamic approved "Loan", as in the ones which charge "admin fees" or "donations" and such...which is basically just getting around the ruling but hey ho, it's how they work. Though I don't think they offer the sort of amounts you'd need to pay for tuition fees..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending