This discussion is closed.
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I took up someone's idea in the fox hunting debate.... Go ahead and post any views you have on vegetarianism.... No doubt it will end up in bickering, but who cares?!
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Though I've been a vegetarian for 7 years, I have absolutely no problem with the idea of eating meat. I'm just too soft to do it myself =P
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
There was a nice arguement going on between vienna and... erm.... someone else (forgotten who) about getting the correct amount of nutrients etc... And also whether not eating meat helped a persons complexion or not...
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the problem of being veggie is you get no protein and thus have to eat korn which tastes like ****
Dill
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[email protected], no i wouldn't like to eat korn thanks! i'm no cannibal! :0P it's Quorn heh. It's up to people what they want to do. You do get protein, just from different sources. It is a problem though if you want to be a veggie, but you just eat a load of crap, you do actually need to eat soya and other food with protein. i can't remember how i felt before i was a veggie! so i can't really compare! it was me who was having a kind of argument with vienna, but she loves me, so all is fine. it was riff who said about the complexion. i personally wouldn't agree with the complexion thing though 'coz i reckon it varies between people. i had a really bad complexion a little while ago, when i was still veggie, but then again i know lots of meat eaters with bad complexions, so i wouldn't necessarily say that being a veggie helps one's complexion, but if it has helped riff's then all is cool
Dill
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I often wonder how veggies get their protein.

If we weren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?
I don't think people necessarily say that we aren't supposed to eat animals in that sort of sense, I think people do it more out of ethics. I just want to get rid of all the bad feelings I get with eating meat. I guess I just don't want to be involved in it. But if your theory is "if it's made of meat, then we should eat it!" are you a cannibal then?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fleff)
I took up someone's idea in the fox hunting debate.... Go ahead and post any views you have on vegetarianism.... No doubt it will end up in bickering, but who cares?!
Nah.

I hate getting in to these arguments, I always go around hating everyone who doesn't agree with me.

Although I don't give a damn if anyone wants to eat meat or not.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dill)
I don't think people necessarily say that we aren't supposed to eat animals in that sort of sense, I think people do it more out of ethics. I just want to get rid of all the bad feelings I get with eating meat. I guess I just don't want to be involved in it. But if your theory is "if it's made of meat, then we should eat it!" are you a cannibal then?
cannibals only eat their own species
Dill
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
nah way! i reckon cannibals eat their own species aswell as other things, surely?
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
No due to laws and social rules that have been drummed into me. I would definitely at least try it if a) it wasn't illegal and b) I wouldn't be put in the stocks!
I always think this is a good question... If you were on an aeroplane that crashed, killing everyone but you, in, say, the middle of the desert (no other food). There was a steady fire available from the ruins of the aeroplane, so meat could be cooked. Would you eat another human being if it was your only chance of survival?
Dill
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol that's a good answer. but would you seriously try it? :\
Dill
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fleff)
I always think this is a good question... If you were on an aeroplane that crashed, killing everyone but you, in, say, the middle of the desert (no other food). There was a steady fire available from the ruins of the aeroplane, so meat could be cooked. Would you eat another human being if it was your only chance of survival?
Ahhhhhh tricky one! I'm not sure, because if the people that were killed were still whole, and not all in bits, then it might be quite hard to move them and carry them over to the fire. I wouldn't want to eat them raw, I'd say no.
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dill)
Ahhhhhh tricky one! I'm not sure, because if the people that were killed were still whole, and not all in bits, then it might be quite hard to move them and carry them over to the fire. I wouldn't want to eat them raw, I'd say no.
Alright, say there's an arm just sort of hanging from something, you don't know who it belongs to, all you know is it's human. What about then?
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dill)
im sure you would, when the human body is put under pressure for survival it can do things you wouldnt even believe like that guy how cut his arm off which was trapped under a boulder so he could free himself. Your desire for survival and food your overcome eithics.
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
I'd probably starve for about 2 days before deciding that it would be a good idea to eat something... Then very unwillingly stare at a human, knowing that ethically it would be wrong, but who would know... Then after a while I'd get enough courage to take a piece, cook it... then get very scared at myself, sit and stare again, get very hungry... then eat it... sickening thought, but hey...
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dill)
No worries there would be lots of shredded metal around to use as a knife, uck what a thought!

I would try some if available over the counter. Possibly just a piece not an entire cuisine.

The next question to follow in this area, would you eat a man or a women? lol
Dill
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if there was an arm just hanging off, (ewww) then i guess i might! thinking about it right now i wouldn't, but like speciez said, if i was in that situation, and near to dying, then i prob would! lol i don't think i'd try if available over a counter! geez, no way! if i HAD to eat one though, (in a drastic situation) i'd probably eat a man.
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
I'd eat a man... more muscle, resulting in tender meat... eugh! I feel ill at the thought!!!
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
man = more meat
mentor16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
meat + veg = happy me
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads