moterway police, Watch

woozypk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
heading along the motorway about 11.30pm empty roads apart from 1 or 2 cars, i was cruising at 80 mph in the middle lane.

then i notice behind me that a bmw has come right up the back of my car waiting for me to move over, i decided not to move over because of a sliproad ahead with a van coming off it, so i slow down to 70mph still in the middle lane then once the van has moved on i pull to the left lane ahead of the van.

then the bmw flys past me at about 90mph only then do i realise its a police car and pulls ahead of me a bit further up, he then proceeds to pull onto the hard shoulder and flash his lights, i was unsure if it was actually for me or one of the other cars nearby, i was pulling off on the sliproad just ahead of the car so i proceed to go off on the sliproad and stop at the lights, the police car stays on the hard shoulder just before the sliproad, so i get confused and think if its actually for me, then as the lights change the police car follows me up the sliproad, i decided to keep going and see if they flash again, but they didn't they just pulled onto a different motorway and left.

can someone please explain wtf has just happened, i was going over the speed limit (80mph) and im unsure of whats going to happen if anything and if anything what will i receive, 3 points or a speeding awareness session??

also i realise ive spelt motorway wrong in the title, cant change it.
addylad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think the more imminent threat is from the Grammar Police.

Posted from TSR Mobile
woozypk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
amusing, but in all seriousness has anyone had this before?
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you'll have to wait and see

could be any number of reasons - somebody doing 80 on a quiet Mway probably isn't that interesting to a speed cop in a beamer, it's the cameras and stationary transit vans that love to send you fixed penalties imo.

cop cars flash their lights when they're on the hard shoulder because they're worried about being crushed by sleepy HGV drivers
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by woozypk)
heading along the motorway about 11.30pm empty roads apart from 1 or 2 cars, i was cruising at 80 mph in the middle lane.

then i notice behind me that a bmw has come right up the back of my car waiting for me to move over, i decided not to move over because of a sliproad ahead with a van coming off it, so i slow down to 70mph still in the middle lane then once the van has moved on i pull to the left lane ahead of the van.

then the bmw flys past me at about 90mph only then do i realise its a police car and pulls ahead of me a bit further up, he then proceeds to pull onto the hard shoulder and flash his lights, i was unsure if it was actually for me or one of the other cars nearby, i was pulling off on the sliproad just ahead of the car so i proceed to go off on the sliproad and stop at the lights, the police car stays on the hard shoulder just before the sliproad, so i get confused and think if its actually for me, then as the lights change the police car follows me up the sliproad, i decided to keep going and see if they flash again, but they didn't they just pulled onto a different motorway and left.

can someone please explain wtf has just happened, i was going over the speed limit (80mph) and im unsure of whats going to happen if anything and if anything what will i receive, 3 points or a speeding awareness session??

also i realise ive spelt motorway wrong in the title, cant change it.
Clearly not for you mate, could be any number of reasons why they pulled over tbf.
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Could have got a call or something. If the police want to pull you over, they make it painfully obvious.
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
Could have got a call or something. If the police want to pull you over, they make it painfully obvious.
Yeah, they'll generally drive in front of you and give you a couple of flashes on the blue lights. They'd definitely been more aggressive if they thought you were driving off. Don't highway cops have to pull you over to give you a ticket? It's only the stationary vans that can send you tickets in the post.
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nuffles)
Yeah, they'll generally drive in front of you and give you a couple of flashes on the blue lights. They'd definitely been more aggressive if they thought you were driving off. Don't highway cops have to pull you over to give you a ticket? It's only the stationary vans that can send you tickets in the post.
Yarp.

Also if you get a ticket from being pulled over, it is much harder to defend yourself against a camera van or speed camera. You are normally over a barrel when a copper can stand up in court and say, yep you definitely gone and dun it!
Walter Ego
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If the m/way was quiet apart from 1-2 cars, why were you 'cruising' in the middle lane ? Rear your HC buddy !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23713732
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (173)
24.3%
Pop (176)
24.72%