The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Ou and student finance

I tried asking this over on the student finance side but got no answer so im trying again here. I've heard rumours of student finance only covering you if you so many points per academic year. If so what is the limit?

Also going by this I did no study sept-jan but and doing 30 points feb-sept I'm looking at the choice of 2 x 15 point courses and 1 x 30 point course as options for my next stage of learning. What would be suggested I do points wise?

Thank you very much for reading.
Original post by psych2290
I tried asking this over on the student finance side but got no answer so im trying again here. I've heard rumours of student finance only covering you if you so many points per academic year. If so what is the limit?

Also going by this I did no study sept-jan but and doing 30 points feb-sept I'm looking at the choice of 2 x 15 point courses and 1 x 30 point course as options for my next stage of learning. What would be suggested I do points wise?

Thank you very much for reading.

Well, you can only get support for modules of 30 credits or more - even if you do a 30 at the same time, you will only get support for the 30 credit module...

EDIT: I've been studying with them since 2011, all with financial support, so I know a fair bit about how it works :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Ive heard that they will cover 15 points if you do 60 points in the same academic year and I cant complete my degree without the 2 x 15 point courses and have no finances to pay for them. Hmm may have to think things through then. thank you for your reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending