The Student Room Group

Head Girl application letter help

Hi Everyone, I'm in year 10 and I really want the role of head girl next year; but there is so much competition so my application has to be amazing.

I have to write a letter of application of why I want to be head girl:
and the thing I am stuck on is:

'If you were appointed as head girl, what improvements would you like to make to the school.'

So I need help on thinking of things I could generally improve and need a really big good idea that I could make happen please, anyone???! x
I was also asked the same question last year before I was appointed as Deputy Head Boy for 6th form, so I just mentioned how I could improve the moral of the students by setting up a reward system for the students who always do well but never get noticed, increase the number of career events that are held for the 6th form, improve the facilities that the 6th form has to help improve the attitude of the students and to provide better equipment to help them achieve the grades they needed.

Personally I wouldn't really be able to give you some ideas unless I knew what you're particular school was like and the issues it may have, so I'm sorry I can't help you further but maybe someone else will be able to provide some assistance.
Reply 2
Original post by rock456
Hi Everyone, I'm in year 10 and I really want the role of head girl next year; but there is so much competition so my application has to be amazing.

I have to write a letter of application of why I want to be head girl:
and the thing I am stuck on is:

'If you were appointed as head girl, what improvements would you like to make to the school.'

So I need help on thinking of things I could generally improve and need a really big good idea that I could make happen please, anyone???! x

I had to write that for my application as well. Try to fill in the five areas for improvement.

1) The school facilities (cafeteria food, bathroom cleanliness, student resources)

2) The students (Rewards for achievement, more PSHE courses about drugs and bullying, safety of the students; mandatory fire drills)

3) The teachers (Importance of enthusiastic attitude, ...I don't have any more for teachers as it differs from schools)

4) Pastoral (How students should know that they should be free to talk about anything with the councillor, breaking the teacher student barrier through head boys/ girls)

5) Activities (More extracurricular activities, after school help for student who need it)

Hope this helps and I hope you get the position
Reply 3
Thankyou Everyone, you have really helped :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest