Sigma Bond
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

When writing my essays I use the PEEL method. However, when I get my essay back I usually get a grade C or low grade B, because sometimes I don't analyse my evidence. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to do so, and make it distinctly obvious to the examiner that I'm actually trying to analyse in my paragraphs.

Thanks.

EDIT: Here's an example of a paragraph I wrote.

The Russo-Japanese war could be argued as the main cause of the 1905 revolution. This is because Russia suffered a humiliating defeat against a much smaller country. On May 27th, The Russian Baltic Fleet lost 25/35 warships at the Battle of Tsushima. Nicholas II thought it would be a quick and easy war, however after RUssia's defeat people seen him as incompetent, and social tension within Russia increased as a result; and overall led to the 1905 revolution.

Would you say I have analysed my evidence here? Or told it too much like a story?
givemestrength
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hiya !

Personally, I have only seen ONE analytical point which is that people saw him as incompetent. You could also say something like ' whilst initially the war increased the support of the Tsar through patriotism, its humiliating defeat not only reduced the moral of the soldiers, but also led to people viewing the Tsar as an incompetent leader thus......'
Just my though - im not an A* student or anything

Side note ; If thats EXACTLY how you wrote your paragraph, can i recommend checkign through your grammar when your write cause that can also lose you some marks'
FayeBailey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sigma Bond)
Hi,

When writing my essays I use the PEEL method. However, when I get my essay back I usually get a grade C or low grade B, because sometimes I don't analyse my evidence. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to do so, and make it distinctly obvious to the examiner that I'm actually trying to analyse in my paragraphs.

Thanks.

EDIT: Here's an example of a paragraph I wrote.

The Russo-Japanese war could be argued as the main cause of the 1905 revolution. This is because Russia suffered a humiliating defeat against a much smaller country. On May 27th, The Russian Baltic Fleet lost 25/35 warships at the Battle of Tsushima. Nicholas II thought it would be a quick and easy war, however after RUssia's defeat people seen him as incompetent, and social tension within Russia increased as a result; and overall led to the 1905 revolution.

Would you say I have analysed my evidence here? Or told it too much like a story?
Iv just been revising this today. This is good but I would elaborate on it more e.g Nichollas attempted to use the war to divert the peoples attention from the problems at home, however instead by losing the war, this anger people more and showed that the government was irresponsible. Therefore the war acted as a catalyst for the revolution. Something like that anyway! Hope that helps
Sigma Bond
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by givemestrength)
Hiya !

Personally, I have only seen ONE analytical point which is that people saw him as incompetent. You could also say something like ' whilst initially the war increased the support of the Tsar through patriotism, its humiliating defeat not only reduced the moral of the soldiers, but also led to people viewing the Tsar as an incompetent leader thus......'
Just my though - im not an A* student or anything

Side note ; If thats EXACTLY how you wrote your paragraph, can i recommend checkign through your grammar when your write cause that can also lose you some marks'
Thank you! I sort of rushed this off the top of my head which is why there are a few mistakes.
ibbi1824
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi i'm doing Edexcel Unit 2 on Henry VIII as well and I'm having some trouble with my introductions and conclusions for both questions I would really appreciate it if someone would help me cos I have no idea what to write for them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
9.09%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (58)
65.91%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
13.64%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
10.23%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.14%

Watched Threads