The Student Room Group

GCSE Latin

Hi, I'm currently studying GCSE Latin. Im determined to get an A* in it, any tips on how to do so?

Thanks
Same here :smile:. Learn the vocab well, know the verb endings for the main tenses, know the irregular verbs, be accurate at translating, practice using past papers .
For translation make sure you translate every word, make sure it is in good English, no verb errors, know noun endings (case + sing/plural)

For comprehension answers in full sentences, stick with the Latin the give you to help and translate it exactly in your answer. For word derivations be precise. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by spurs9393
Hi, I'm currently studying GCSE Latin. Im determined to get an A* in it, any tips on how to do so?

Thanks

what board are you doing?
Reply 3
Original post by voxdock
what board are you doing?

I'm doing OCR
Reply 4
I'm doing OCR

OH I'm doing wjec-how is it?
Reply 5
Original post by voxdock
OH I'm doing wjec-how is it?

Not bad, I just don't really like the course our school follows (So you really want to learn Latin). What course are you following?
I'm doing OCR

I'm doing OCR as well, their website is great for past papers and mark schemes :smile:
Hi! I'm going in to Year 11 now, and in my Year 10 Mock for Latin I got an A*. Basically all I did was make sure I leaned ALL the vocab (including principal parts, genitives of nouns and declension of adjectives ect...). Then to revise grammar and translation skills I used 'So You Really Want to Learn Latin' (which i would highly reccomend) to go over everything we'd done in the year. I found it helped more applying the grammar to translation rather than just studying verb tenses for example and learning them off by heart. I learned all the grammer subconciously and in a much more interesting and enjoyable way! That's just for the Language papers though, I didn't have a Literatue mock.

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do great:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest