Anyone who got a an A/A* in Gcse history could you give me some tips please? Watch

Zayde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Wanna try get an A in history, im doing school history project B, nazi germany, medicine through time, and surgery, could someone give me pointers or revision technique to help me do well in the exam please
Muppet Science
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PEEL - Point Evidence Explanation Link

Start your paragraphs with your point, then provide the evidence and explain how that evidence fits the point, before then linking the point with your other points.

Have a range of figures and other things to throw into your evidence section. Also, practise essay writing and read examiners' reports to see what good essays look like and what the examiners are looking for. If on a new spec. then previous specifications should be fine for practise.

Good Luck
LouieSax
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I did History GCSE I used revision cards, I found they were a great help in order to condense a large amount of information in a small amount of time! Additionally, making the cards themselves can help you learn!

I also recommend past papers, loads and loads of past papers, they help a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads