The Student Room Group

does anyone have any experience of recruitment consultant or sales?

i am finding it extremely difficult to get any job, let alone anything graduate. i keep seeing ads for trainee grad recruitment consultants and sales jobs. i wanted to know what these are like?
my experience of recruitment consultants are people who are older, like when i go in to an agency, they are experienced. ive never been to a agency and been interviewed by a fresh faced 21 yr old. is the ad something different?

im also interested in what a phone sales job is like, lots of people seem to go in to that.
They are both basically phone sales jobs. Expect to be on the phone a lot as a recruitment consultant, you will be in touch with employers and candidates constantly. Your job is to sell the vacancy to the candidate, and sell the candidate to the employer so they pay as much as possible, thus increasing the fee you earn.
Original post by Pip123321
i am finding it extremely difficult to get any job, let alone anything graduate. i keep seeing ads for trainee grad recruitment consultants and sales jobs. i wanted to know what these are like?
my experience of recruitment consultants are people who are older, like when i go in to an agency, they are experienced. ive never been to a agency and been interviewed by a fresh faced 21 yr old. is the ad something different?

im also interested in what a phone sales job is like, lots of people seem to go in to that.

Mate, you need to tell the other person on the other end of the telephone, you love talking to people, your passion and confident turning a no in to yes.Your consultative in the way you would sell and you know the product inside out. Your willing to make 100-200 calls a day. You love reading sales books, like a Thomas Freeze, Zig Ziggler, Greg Bennett, you believe in the whole Question Based Selling. You are phased by a No. And your willing to put the time and effort to be a good sales person. Also you are aware its not a 9-5 position its more then that. Also your not scared of speaking to key decision makers and you can beat a corporate gate keeper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending