The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 1 20th May, Unit 2 9th June 2014

since no thread for this has already been made
AQA AS Physics
Unit 1 Particles, Quantum and Electricity 20th May 2014
Unit 2 Mechanics, Materials and Waves 9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Glad to know that this thread is finally here!!!
How's revision everyone?
Post any questions about AQA physics on here!
How are you meant to set out the coursework section? I was meant to hand it in last week but I have no idea what to do and the two physics teachers aren't very helpful on the matter. If it's any help for my practical I did about pendulums and changing the length of string to measure period
Never mind I just remembered I do OCR :')
u guys wanna have a guess at what practical we are gonna get this time?
Reply 5
Are you doing Empas? I did isas for my practical

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any tips on how to revise for Section B? I just did Section A and just wondering what sort of thing I should be studying, like the topics that were in sect A or percentage uncertainity, that sort of thing. :smile:
Original post by JAYANI ANN
u guys wanna have a guess at what practical we are gonna get this time?

Some people will know, they will ahve already done it. Report them, they will lower your grade by freely giving information. Bit useless though because the mods don't ban them, so they're free to keep punishing us (AND THEMSELVES).
Reply 8
Original post by lukebiddell
Does anyone have any tips on how to revise for Section B? I just did Section A and just wondering what sort of thing I should be studying, like the topics that were in sect A or percentage uncertainity, that sort of thing. :smile:

Section B is always a similar experiment to your section A, sometimes even the same experiment but just with different results, so you know what a correct curve will be if yours was incorrect or something like that.
Section B always asks you to complete a table of results (derived data columns or something) and then finish plotting their graph. Usually the gradient comes up here as well, I guess it would be good to see what the gradient should represent.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Some people will know, they will ahve already done it. Report them, they will lower your grade by freely giving information. Bit useless though because the mods don't ban them, so they're free to keep punishing us (AND THEMSELVES).

seriously WHAT are u saying?
i just wanted u guys to GUESS , so that i have an IDEA about wat to study
what do u mean " some ppl will know"???
Reply 10

They mean some people, i.e. Myself, have already done the practical :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imyimy
They mean some people, i.e. Myself, have already done the practical :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

WAIT A FREAKING MINUTE!!! u r not doing edexcel???
argggg.... all this time i thought all u wise ppl were doing edexcel

For AQAm you would be told what area it will be on about a week beforehand.

Giving others ISA answers or more info than they're allowed highers their grade unfairly, which then leads to ridiculous grade boundaries. Every year, around only 8 lost marks drops you down to a B, with 15 bringing you down to U. This is only the case in ISAs, which also just so happen to take place at random times, making cheating easy. We basically have two duff, fake units in each full science A Level screwing everyone.

The other normal exams have had very healthy grade boundaries, which tells you that a lot of people are suspiciously aceing the ISAs then tanking when met with real exams because they're lazy or badly taught, while everyone else does unspectacularly on the ISAs and does as well as would be expected of them in the proper exams.

WAIT A FREAKING MINUTE!!! u r not doing edexcel???
argggg.... all this time i thought all u wise ppl were doing edexcel

He said posting in a topic with 'AQA' in the title.
Reply 13
PLEASE can you help with this engineering question anyone thanks http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2666427
Original post by lukebiddell

Section A is ridiculously hard and weird...
Reply 15
Just to bring this thread back to life! - Any one want to predict what we might get for the 6 marker -
June 2013 - Hadrons+Leptons
Jan2013 - ohmic conductor

There have been a lot on electricity and only 2 on 3 on quantum!!
Original post by katt123
Just to bring this thread back to life! - Any one want to predict what we might get for the 6 marker -
June 2013 - Hadrons+Leptons
Jan2013 - ohmic conductor

There have been a lot on electricity and only 2 on 3 on quantum!!

i was thinking the same , how are you revising physics ,
Original post by Genius123456
i was thinking the same , how are you revising physics ,

what is superconductivty and how is it useful it is
or
affect of the strong nuclear force , weak nuclear force on particles
Reply 18
Is superconductivity even in the AQA specification still, I couldn't find it anywhere + there were two changes I found on the spec although they weren't stated (I think), anyone know what they are?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/specifications/alevel/AQA-2450-W-SP-14.PDF
Reply 19
Original post by Regenfox
Is superconductivity even in the AQA specification still, I couldn't find it anywhere + there were two changes I found on the spec although they weren't stated (I think), anyone know what they are?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/specifications/alevel/AQA-2450-W-SP-14.PDF

Yeah superconductivity is under resistivity on the spec! Alo what are the 2 thing that are new on our spec? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest