The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is 1025mifengaola!

I'm studying... actuarial science

I'm interested in... mast mathematical statistics in cambridge
Reply 1
Thought I'd add this as I have seen various comments about actuarial degrees in this thread; so trying to set out to clarify things: I'm in year 11 at the moment, but I have already set my aim to become an actuary; I spent a lot of time looking into my A-level options; especially which ones I needed for the right degrees - during this process, I made a call to the Actuarial Profession; who are THE body for actuaries - they are responsible for the exams, and they are the ONLY way to become a "qualified" actuary. THEY SPECIFICALLY SAID NOT TO DO ACTUARIAL SCIENCE AS A DEGREE as it is too specified too early, and the actuary exams cover this, but in more detail anyway, rendering the degree next to invalid. They said that both The Actuarial Profession, and Actuarial companies would prefer students with more general numerical degrees - the top 2 being maths or economics. SO ANYONE HERE WHO WANTS TO BE AN ACTUARY; DO NOT DO AN ACTUARIAL SCIENCE DEGREE; REGARDLESS OF WHAT ELSE YOU SEE HERE; FOR YOUR ADDED PEACE OF MIND, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, CALL THE ACTUARIAL PROFFESION ON +44 (0)20 7632 2100 (09.00 - 17.00)
Reply 2
At last what a breather!...I'll b doin' matric 2018,if I may ask how many exams am I 2 write if I pick mathematical science?

Quick Reply

Latest