Need to find moey for my living cost

Watch
davidoff78
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello everyone,I would like to ask you is it possible to get a student loan in the UK for an international student which can be repaid later? I'm Georgian by the way and i'm just wondering about this. I got scholarship for my full tution fee and half for my living cost and I need money for another half living cost. I need advice or help from how can I find this money. What are there to finance?Thanks a lot in advance.
Knalchemist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by davidoff78)
Hello everyone,I would like to ask you is it possible to get a student loan in the UK for an international student which can be repaid later? I'm Georgian by the way and i'm just wondering about this. I got scholarship for my full tution fee and half for my living cost and I need money for another half living cost. I need advice or help from how can I find this money. What are there to finance?Thanks a lot in advance.
Unfortunately not. You'll have to find a job like most other people I'm afraid.
balotelli12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is no help at all in the UK for you.
dragonkeeper999
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, you are very lucky to be awarded your scholarship and it is unlikely that you would be able to get any more money.
Most students do not get enough money to cover all their living costs from their UK student loan/ grant, and usually rely upon part-time work and summer jobs to be able to meet their living costs.
davidoff78
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot for the answers.

Is it hard to find student job in London?

Many thanks again
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by davidoff78)
Thanks a lot for the answers.

Is it hard to find student job in London?

Many thanks again
Will you need a visa to be allowed to study in the country? If needed, you will need a tier 4 student visa and you'll only be allowed to work 20 hours a week (but not as a sports coach apparently) You also need to prove you can afford the cost of attendance before you can get your student visa. All information needed will be on here https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa
davidoff78
Rep:
?
thanks a lot dear
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads