Lauren_Holmes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Can anybody please explain to me what 'slopes in temperature environments' and 'slopes in arid environments' mean please? i cant find anywhere what is meant by arid and temperature environments
username878045
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's temperate, not temperature.

Temperate environments are those with a mild climate, like Britain (or most of Europe).

Arid environments are dry and hot; they're deserts.

I can't help with how this changes slopes, but that might give you some ideas about where to start. :dontknow:
Lauren_Holmes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by PythianLegume)
It's temperate, not temperature.

Temperate environments are those with a mild climate, like Britain (or most of Europe).

Arid environments are dry and hot; they're deserts.

I can't help with how this changes slopes, but that might give you some ideas about where to start. :dontknow:

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!! I clearly didn't look closely at what was written thats helped me so much. it was saying how TEMPERATE environments have rounder slopes due to chemical weathering, and arid environments have jagged/ straight slopes because of mechanical weathering... i think that is right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.43%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (97)
27.71%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (133)
38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.14%

Watched Threads