Predicted Grade boundaries For GCSE Watch

Tintin007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hiya if anyone can predict the grade boundaries for an A or A* in these subjects then that would be great! Geography (AQA) , History (OCR), Sociology (AQA), Business (AQA), French (EDEXCEL), Maths (EDEXCEL) and English (AQA)
My exams are in like 3 weeks tiime! Extremely nervous! Just would like to get a rough idea on what the grade boundaries are most likely to be.
I heard that for some subjects like geography, sociology, history and business the grade boundaries should go a little low as we are the first year sitting linear in most of our subjects.
Thank you so much!
Sacred Ground
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tintin007)
Hiya if anyone can predict the grade boundaries for an A or A* in these subjects then that would be great! Geography (AQA) , History (OCR), Sociology (AQA), Business (AQA), French (EDEXCEL), Maths (EDEXCEL) and English (AQA)
My exams are in like 3 weeks tiime! Extremely nervous! Just would like to get a rough idea on what the grade boundaries are most likely to be.
I heard that for some subjects like geography, sociology, history and business the grade boundaries should go a little low as we are the first year sitting linear in most of our subjects.
Thank you so much!
I did linear geography last year (year 10), therefore it won't make a difference to be honest in Geography. If I were you, I'd check the Grade Boundaries for these exams from the last 3 years and compare the highest and lowest mark needed for your target grade; then aim for a score inbetween. For example, say you want an A in Geography, you should see what an A grade was for the last 3 years, it may be from 50-55/75, then aim for around 53 in the exam. I can say 95% sure that 70 marks on each maths paper (so 140/200) will guarantee you an A grade though.

Kind regards,
Ben
Tintin007
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sacred Ground)
I did linear geography last year (year 10), therefore it won't make a difference to be honest in Geography. If I were you, I'd check the Grade Boundaries for these exams from the last 3 years and compare the highest and lowest mark needed for your target grade; then aim for a score inbetween. For example, say you want an A in Geography, you should see what an A grade was for the last 3 years, it may be from 50-55/75, then aim for around 53 in the exam. I can say 95% sure that 70 marks on each maths paper (so 140/200) will guarantee you an A grade though.

Kind regards,
Ben
Wait so you did geography GCSE last year? :confused: As in both Unit 1 and Unit 2? If so what grade did you get? And thank you I have checked out a few grade boundaries for geography and to be honest geography is a subject that i am strong at, i really hope i can achieve an A*! And yeah i am aiming for 70 marks at least in both maths papers
B.Carmine
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Edexcel maths will probably be between 155-175/200 for an A*
Sacred Ground
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wait so you did geography GCSE last year? :confused: As in both Unit 1 and Unit 2? If so what grade did you get? And thank you I have checked out a few grade boundaries for geography and to be honest geography is a subject that i am strong at, i really hope i can achieve an A*! And yeah i am aiming for 70 marks at least in both maths papers
In Geography I came out with an overall A grade:
Coursework: 90/100 UMS - A*
Unit 1: 120/150 UMS - A
Unit 2: 147/150 UMS - A*

3 UMS off an A*, I did horrendously in the Physical paper as you can see, and excellent in the human paper. Oops. ;P
Sacred Ground
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh, and what are you planning on doing for A-level?
Tintin007
Rep:
?
In Geography I came out with an overall A grade:
Coursework: 90/100 UMS - A*
Unit 1: 120/150 UMS - A
Unit 2: 147/150 UMS - A*

3 UMS off an A*, I did horrendously in the Physical paper as you can see, and excellent in the human paper. Oops. ;P
Omg thats amazing well done and aw did you try getting it remarked? what were your topics? Any tips on how to revise Geography?
Tintin007
Rep:
?
Oh, and what are you planning on doing for A-level?

I'm planning to do Geography Economics, Maths and Biology. I still don't know what i want to be or what field i would like to go into :confused:
What about you?
Sacred Ground
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rivers, Tectonics and Glaciation for Unit 1.
Population change, Development Gap and Tourism for Unit 2.

I revised by copying from the AQA Revision guide and reciting/rewriting every page over and over again. I only did a weeks revision though for Unit 1, hence my poor performance.
Tintin007
Rep:
?
Rivers, Tectonics and Glaciation for Unit 1.
Population change, Development Gap and Tourism for Unit 2.

I revised by copying from the AQA Revision guide and reciting/rewriting every page over and over again. I only did a weeks revision though for Unit 1, hence my poor performance.
Thats exactly how i revise!
Sacred Ground
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm planning to do Geography Economics, Maths and Biology. I still don't know what i want to be or what field i would like to go into :confused:
What about you?
I'm doing: Geography, Biology and Chemistry - hoping to study Biological sciences at Uni and lead into forensic pathology. Best of luck with your exams this summer!

Kind regards,
Ben

-nice to meet a fellow keen geographer-
Tintin007
Rep:
?
I'm doing: Geography, Biology and Chemistry - hoping to study Biological sciences at Uni and lead into forensic pathology. Best of luck with your exams this summer!

Kind regards,
Ben

-nice to meet a fellow keen geographer-
Aw thank you! haha same here! Know a few people who actually like Geography! Best of luck with your exams too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (111)
17.54%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.74%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.38%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.53%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (189)
29.86%

Watched Threads