Will I make it through my exam or not?

Watch
Jerry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Basically i'm studying sociology A2 Beliefs, Stratification and Differentiation and Theory and methods i have run out of time to revise, i can't go to sleep at night just thinking about failing my exam and i need some advice as this is a very important exam as it will determine whether or not i can go to uni :O

So these are my following units and how many topics they have in total:

Paper 1= 60 marks

Beliefs: 8 topics (60 marks paper)

Paper 2= 90 marks

Stratification and Differentiation: 9 topics= (21 mark, 21 mark questions)
Theory and Methods: 10 topics (theory=33 marks question AND Methods=15 mark question)

So, holidays are over i don't have study leave and i have other subjects to focus on ... i only have 2 exams to sit for sociology that's all

For beliefs i have only made notes on 3 topics out of 8

For stratification and differentiation i have only made notes on 2 topics out of 9

For theory and methods i haven't made any notes on the 10 topics

How do i catch up on all this stuff so stressed out. Is it a good idea to wake up every morning and make notes on them before school starts and work during school time and after school? Once i've made all my notes i will be saved and could possibly pass this exam does all this seem unreal is it possible for me to revise all this in time?????????????? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

la95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jerry)
Basically i'm studying sociology A2 Beliefs, Stratification and Differentiation and Theory and methods i have run out of time to revise, i can't go to sleep at night just thinking about failing my exam and i need some advice as this is a very important exam as it will determine whether or not i can go to uni :O

So these are my following units and how many topics they have in total:

Paper 1= 60 marks

Beliefs: 8 topics (60 marks paper)

Paper 2= 90 marks

Stratification and Differentiation: 9 topics= (21 mark, 21 mark questions)
Theory and Methods: 10 topics (theory=33 marks question AND Methods=15 mark question)

So, holidays are over i don't have study leave and i have other subjects to focus on ... i only have 2 exams to sit for sociology that's all

For beliefs i have only made notes on 3 topics out of 8

For stratification and differentiation i have only made notes on 2 topics out of 9

For theory and methods i haven't made any notes on the 10 topics

How do i catch up on all this stuff so stressed out. Is it a good idea to wake up every morning and make notes on them before school starts and work during school time and after school? Once i've made all my notes i will be saved and could possibly pass this exam does all this seem unreal is it possible for me to revise all this in time?????????????? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
What sort of grade are you looking to get?

I achieved an A* in A Level Sociology and IMO there's nothing you can do to prepare for the exam besides simply sitting down and learning the material. It's just one of those subjects. Don't panic - for all you know, the exam paper is being printed right now with the topics you've learnt on it. The only thing you can do at this point is learn as much as possible, because the more you learn, the more likely it is that you will have learnt everything that will come up.

When is your exam? I presume it's in June - if so, I see no reason why you'd be unable to learn everything in time. You have 22 topics left to learn - is one a day doable on top of your other revision, perhaps with two sociology-free days per week? If you do other content-heavy/essay-based subjects it may be a little tougher, but if you put the work in, I'm sure you can do it.

Try not to panic though - getting yourself into such a fluster that you're unable to focus on any one thing isn't constructive and is unlikely to improve your situation. It's still April - you have time.
Jerry
Rep:
?
(Original post by la95)
What sort of grade are you looking to get?

I achieved an A* in A Level Sociology and IMO there's nothing you can do to prepare for the exam besides simply sitting down and learning the material. It's just one of those subjects. Don't panic - for all you know, the exam paper is being printed right now with the topics you've learnt on it. The only thing you can do at this point is learn as much as possible, because the more you learn, the more likely it is that you will have learnt everything that will come up.

When is your exam? I presume it's in June - if so, I see no reason why you'd be unable to learn everything in time. You have 22 topics left to learn - is one a day doable on top of your other revision, perhaps with two sociology-free days per week? If you do other content-heavy/essay-based subjects it may be a little tougher, but if you put the work in, I'm sure you can do it.

Try not to panic though - getting yourself into such a fluster that you're unable to focus on any one thing isn't constructive and is unlikely to improve your situation. It's still April - you have time.
Thank you so much for replying it made me feel a lot better about my situation now that someone has given me advice My exam is in June and i don't have any other exams just 2 papers for sociology so i think it's doable thank you so much i'm trying my best to do 1 topic a day and i'm trying to get a grade C that's all i'm asking for
la95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jerry)
Thank you so much for replying it made me feel a lot better about my situation now that someone has given me advice My exam is in June and i don't have any other exams just 2 papers for sociology so i think it's doable thank you so much i'm trying my best to do 1 topic a day and i'm trying to get a grade C that's all i'm asking for
Ah, that's definitely doable imo! I wouldn't worry too much, just keep doing as you're doing. Divide the work up into chunks so that you can do a chunk each day - if a topic per day works for you and you can definitely get everything done in time using that method, then stick with that. Let me know how you get on and feel free to ask if you need any further help/advice!
Jerry
Rep:
?
(Original post by la95)
Ah, that's definitely doable imo! I wouldn't worry too much, just keep doing as you're doing. Divide the work up into chunks so that you can do a chunk each day - if a topic per day works for you and you can definitely get everything done in time using that method, then stick with that. Let me know how you get on and feel free to ask if you need any further help/advice!
Thanx xx and hopefully i will get it done in time!! Sure i'll let you know how i get on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (192)
14.29%
I'm not sure (59)
4.39%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.24%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.75%
I'm not a current university student (663)
49.33%

Watched Threads