FelicityMarie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Was originally doing a different degree but realised I'd made a big mistake, so I rang Christ Church and the lovely lady on the phone swapped it for me no problem, I was shocked to say the least!

Anyway, I will be studying Ecology and Conservation (with a Science Foundation year).

Anyone else doing E&C?
Canterbury Christ Church University
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FelicityMarie)
Was originally doing a different degree but realised I'd made a big mistake, so I rang Christ Church and the lovely lady on the phone swapped it for me no problem, I was shocked to say the least!

Anyway, I will be studying Ecology and Conservation (with a Science Foundation year).

Anyone else doing E&C?
I'm glad you were able to swap courses easily! One of my ex housemates studied Ecology and Conservation and loved it. If you have any questions about the course let me know and I will get in touch with him.
FelicityMarie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I do as it goes

What are the field trips like and what sort of places do you go to?

I'm extremely excited but not looking forward to my Science Foundation Year
Canterbury Christ Church University
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FelicityMarie)
I do as it goes

What are the field trips like and what sort of places do you go to?

I'm extremely excited but not looking forward to my Science Foundation Year

He said the field trips were really good, with at least one every term to various nature reserves and woodlands. There is also an intensive practical ecology trip for a week in the summer before final year which takes place in Snowdonia National Park in Wales.

He said he learnt numerous practical skills needed in the field of ecology, including various sampling techniques which helped him when he conducted his dissertation in a remote area of Scotland. The coastal sampling techniques he learnt whilst in Wales helped a great deal.

Foundation year...

I also spoke to somebody who completed the science foundation year.

They were a bit like yourself and not really looking forward to it! But said it prepared them really well for their undergraduate degree and broke them into uni life well.

He ended up getting a 2:1 in his degree and a first in his dissertation!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (675)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads