I don't know which uni to choose, the pro's and con's of each... please help!Watch
I have developed a very close social circle in a town with friends about 30 miles from Exeter. I will go there every week to see my friends and socialise and put a lot of work into the relationships I made there. I have even been dating a girl for a while. As well as this, a long time, very very close female friend of mine (who recently told me she never wants me to leave her life and that she loves me) is moving AWAY from Bristol to the very town all of my friends live in! Bristol University is about 70 miles further away than Exeter. However, Exeter bores me, and I feel that I'd gain a lot more personally from Bristol. But then there's this huge social influence from my friends and the girls in my social circle which I don't want to lose contact with. The trip from Bristol to this town will be about a 200 mile round trip, which again I have no problem making in the slightest as I'd probably go down for the weekend to see my friends, but it's all money!
Now, on the money side of things, my dad is giving me the utmost help and giving me £50 extra a week for my uni duration to help. This should basically cover all travel expenses if I did want to travel down to this town to see my friends down there. However, there is still the fact that Exeter would be 70 miles closer and I'd save a lot of money.
Here are the pro's and cons to each:
- Beautiful city with much much much more choice of things to do
- Bigger university, and I imagine (though could be wrong) a nicer social life, more clubs and better night life
- Well respected Russel Group university
- I will still get £50 extra a week from my very generous dad to help with costs, travel etc
- 70 miles further than Exeter, about 100 miles from my social circle (though I know Ill make more friends I put a lot of effort into the ones I have)
- Though I should have the money to travel still, it will still be a lot of money when compared to if I went to Exeter uni
- The social life might not be any different than at Exeter Uni
- I'll save money as I'll be closer to home, and only 30 miles from my social circle
- I'll still make friends
- Well respected Russel Group University
- Im bored of the city
- If I went to Bristol, I'll feel 'afresh' and feel I might grow more as a person if I were further away from home (but this might just be in my head!/an illusion).
- (And here's a BIG CON).. Whilst at this uni, I may still see my friends up in the 'other' town only a few times a month or less depending on when people are free, which might make me wish I chose Bristol!
I'm really confused and don't know which university to choose! I'd really appreciate someone who would read this and think and give me their honest opinion.
Don't decide on a uni for any other reason.
Don't decide on a uni for any other reason.[/QUOTE
Thank you, but the fact is many other factors exist.
Is there anything special about this group of friends? You'll make new ones in Bristol. It really does sound like u want the 'Uni experience' and that might be something u regret not doing if u pass it up