The Student Room Group

helix piercing kinda half closed up?

I've had my helix pierced for a couple of years now and when I had an MRI scan I had to take it out. I had it pierced with a ball closure ring and I hadn't taken it out since it was pierced. The problem is that after the MRI scan in december I couldn't get the BCR back in so I left it for another day. Today is another day. :colondollar:

I can't get the ring in my ear now even ignoring the ball bit. I tried with a stud and that goes in just about but I want the BCR back.

If I went to a piercing place does anyone here know if they'd be able to replace the BCR? It's kinda half closed up so would they be able to repierce it as it is or would I need to wait for it to close completely and then get it repierced? I can't return to the original piercing place so would one nearby me be willing to help do you think?

Any help much appreciated. :smile:
Keep the stud in for now to prevent further closure and go and see a pro - generally piercers are happy to help with this sort of thing and I expect they'll be able to get the BCR back in for you. If not though, re-piercing is done when the original one has fully healed and scar tissue had gone down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
They will use an insertion pin to slowly strech the hole back open and put the ring back in. It does not hurt :smile: - i should know its what i do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest