Is it possible to change tiers for GCSE (Geography)? (F) to (H)

Watch
JAIYEKO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The exams are 13th of May, 22nd of May.

If I ask my teacher and show her all my revision, will she consider me to take a sampler higher tier? Or will she say it too late even though I know contents of Higher geography
staticas
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My teacher is too dopey to put me on higher although I've been getting A*s in mocks and assessments..he said you can change it on the day though like put your hand up and say you're supposed to have the higher paper then they just give it you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
(Original post by staticas)
My teacher is too dopey to put me on higher although I've been getting A*s in mocks and assessments..he said you can change it on the day though like put your hand up and say you're supposed to have the higher paper then they just give it you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you allowed to do that? And is it really the teachers decision because it the students exams he/she's taking
staticas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes they have lots of spare papers because teachers accidentally enter kids for the wrong papers all the time, that's why they always ask if everybody has the papers they're meant to have - I reckon you could even change exam boards if other people were taking another if you wanted, but obviously teachers can't reveal that because people that think they're smarter than they are would be changing papers. But I'm planning to change for both geography papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
suzylemonade
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JAIYEKO)
The exams are 13th of May, 22nd of May.

If I ask my teacher and show her all my revision, will she consider me to take a sampler higher tier? Or will she say it too late even though I know contents of Higher geography
Dude, what the hell? Are you a GCSE student? I thought you were doing A-Levels? I'M SO CONFUSED.
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
(Original post by staticas)
Yes they have lots of spare papers because teachers accidentally enter kids for the wrong papers all the time, that's why they always ask if everybody has the papers they're meant to have - I reckon you could even change exam boards if other people were taking another if you wanted, but obviously teachers can't reveal that because people that think they're smarter than they are would be changing papers. But I'm planning to change for both geography papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you do edexcel or aqa?
interstitial
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by suzylemonade)
Dude, what the hell? Are you a GCSE student? I thought you were doing A-Levels? I'M SO CONFUSED.
Guy is clearly a GCSE student, just look at his threads.

Pro stalking skills

Srs

Posted from TSR Mobile
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Yeah I'm a GCSE student.
suzylemonade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by majmuh24)
Guy is clearly a GCSE student, just look at his threads.

Pro stalking skills

Srs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, but I was talking to him on another thread and he said he had offers from universities for Engineering? So now I'm just confused..
suzylemonade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah I'm a GCSE student.
Ah, so were you fibbing on that other thread?
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Yeah, but I was talking to him on another thread and he said he had offers from universities for Engineering? So now I'm just confused..
I'm not going to uni this year? I'm speaking for future reference
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
​could anyone contribute to my question pls
suzylemonade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not going to uni this year? I'm speaking for future reference
Okay.. Just to clarify, this was you right?

Well I applied for maths at Oxford as a choice filler as I got (AS) A in maths and further maths but in doing Petroleum Engineering at Manchester, and you? Congrats by the way. Plus I'm predicted A*'s in both for A2
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Okay.. Just to clarify, this was you right?
Yes lemonade
suzylemonade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes lemonade
Oh, and to answer your original question:
Probably, but I would go and see your exams officer about it. Also, I'm not sure what the legalities of doing what staticas suggested are, so I wouldn't advise doing so.
Hunayda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Another question- is geography a good choice for GCSE, want to become a doctor thanks
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
Oh, and to answer your original question:
Probably, but I would go and see your exams officer about it. Also, I'm not sure what the legalities of doing what staticas suggested are, so I wouldn't advise doing so.
Should I ask my exam officer or geography head of department?
JAIYEKO
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hunayda)
Another question- is geography a good choice for GCSE, want to become a doctor thanks
Gcse options don't contribute to university placement?
suzylemonade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Should I ask my exam officer or geography head of department?
Geography head of department first, then go to exam officer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads