This discussion is closed.
Fahad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Every year, my school holds a festival of achievment where they would hand out prizes to students who had best preformed in a subject. This year, I was nominated for economics and geography prizes. The economics teacher told us who the prize winner for economics was (me) when she's not supposed to. A girl went up to the teacher and told her that i've been cheating my homeworks from other students and i always copy work to get the marks. This is totally unture. If you were in my position, what would you do? Parents meeting is tomorrow, and not only i'll be in trouble with my parents but my reputation between teachers in the school will fall. I had never cheated from anyone for anything, especially in economics and I don't know what to do about it.

Any advice?

Fahad.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Will the school really believe the word of one pupil?
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Will the school really believe the word of one pupil?
Yes, that's what I was thinking.
Fahad
Rep:
?
That person was very popular, and she got her friends to lie about it too. She wanted the prize ever since she started the course. As far as i'm concerned, the economics teacher believes her and is "investigating". What if she concludes something totally untrure?
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
That person was very popular, and she got her friends to lie about it too. She wanted the prize ever since she started the course. As far as i'm concerned, the economics teacher believes her and is "investigating". What if she concludes something totally untrure?
Her claims sound quite far fetched, if you are clearly not in the wrong and can defend yourself against her malicious lies you should be fine.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You should have denied it at the first instance. Otherwise it just looks you are hiding something.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Phil, I used your avatar last night!
Fahad
Rep:
?
I wouldn't post it here and ask for help if that was the case. Her friends were claiming that i copied out work from their own notes as well as from others and the teacher is falling for it. I cannot defend myself against 5 students at least. I DID show the teacher my book and asked her to find any similarities between mine and one of the liars. She refused.
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
I wouldn't post it here and ask for help if that was the case. Her friends were claiming that i copied out work from their own notes as well as from others and the teacher is falling for it. I cannot defend myself against 5 students at least. I DID show the teacher my book and asked her to find any similarities between mine and one of the liars. She refused.
Did this person get as good grades as you? Because if not, then you could argue that how could you have copied her work and got great grades?
Fahad
Rep:
?
That's exactly the point. She's topping the class in everything only that I put in more "effort" into my work or as the teacher said. This is why i've got the prize. That girl was nominated for 3 other subjects.
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
Did this person get as good grades as you? Because if not, then you could argue that how could you have copied her work and got great grades?
Yeh good point. I think that if you have nothing to hide, then you shouldnt worry about it. Even if you DO get 'investigated', nothing will come of it.
kindersurprise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just tell your teachers exactly what you have written here.
xox
Fahad
Rep:
?
Thanks for the help guys.
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
That's exactly the point. She's topping the class in everything only that I put in more "effort" into my work or as the teacher said. This is why i've got the prize. That girl was nominated for 3 other subjects.
If the teacher said that you put more effort into your work, how can she also think that you did copy it, seeing as if one copied work, you would think it involved less effort? I think you have a better argument than the other person.
Fahad
Rep:
?
Good point.
Fahad
Rep:
?
The only reason i'm not talking about the teacher in a negative way, is because she could be using these forums.. If you are, then i havn't done it no matter how many investigations you do.
Dan_UK
Report 15 years ago
She most likely fancy's you, women are weird like that always send out opposite signals.....oh no......what have I started saying that......
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You know, it's quite easy to tell when people have copied something. Don't worry about it.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
Parents meeting is tomorrow, and not only i'll be in trouble with my parents but my reputation between teachers in the school will fall.
A meeting on a Bank Holiday?
sparkly_tiara
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Im really sorry to hear that! Why do people have to spoil other people's success with stupid lies and rumours? You have said that the teacher doesnt believe you and i think that is totally unfair. If i were you, i would make a public stand when you next have the lesson and say that although it was nice to have been nominated for the award and you know that you deserved it, you would much rather a person lied and cheated their way to it if it meant that your name wasnt tarnished. Making a stand like this and showing people that the award doesnt actually mean everything to you would prove to me that you didnt cheat and would show to me what a complete cow this girl was. Also it gives you the satisfaction of knowing that you have really won the award, something which no one can take away from you.

lou
xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (278)
48.01%
No (66)
11.4%
I'm not old enough (235)
40.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed