Adult Nursing at Glasgow Caledonian vs. UWS Hamilton

Watch this thread
basenji2210
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I recently got offers from GCU and UWS Hamilton and could really do with some opinions to help me decide where I want to go. I'm not interested in any of the nightlife or how easy it is to make friends, because that's all I've come across in terms of reviews. If anybody, either current or ex-students, could give some information and personal opinions on the quality of lectures, lecturers and course content it would be a massive help.
Futurewanted
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Hi there, glad you posted this as i am in the same position. I have heard more about gcu and this is why i would be likely to choose it. I am on an access course the now and most are going to gcu i think. I have read a lot of negative reviews in GCU and like yourself i just want to know about quality not quantity, they also dont rank well on the higher education list. I am scared i go there and realise i have made a mistake and should have went to uws instead. Uws is a newer uni but i have heard their mental health programme is excellent and a couple of nursing students i know through friends highly reccomend hamilton.
Happychick1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have friends who graduated in nursing from both universities and going on their feedback UWS seems to have more positive feedback regarding student support, organisation and readiness to begin a post once qualified. Hope this helps.
Exnursestudent
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'd pretty much say there are pros and cons to every institution.

From my experience at GCU, I wasn't overly enamoured with the programme, in fact I felt it an insult, however, equally I have heard bad press about UWS. Not knowing much about the UWS programme, I can't give an informed opinion but GCU, though not that great was predominately based around self directed study. GCUs programme has recently changed from BN to BSc and seems to be a lot more interactive (3rd hand). My opinion is dated now, as this is GCUs first year of running their new programme it might be too soon to rate it. On the support comment, it was always available to me when I needed it at GCU, and on the couple of occasions I did need it, the lecturing staff and learning development staff were brilliant. I'm sorry it's a cliche but you really do get out what you put in.... Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads