The Student Room Group

Favourite music of all time?

What type of music do you listen to? From which countries? Which artists? And why do you like it so much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yw56
What type of music do you listen to? From which countries? Which artists? And why do you like it so much?

Anything by shania twain
DNB has to be my favourite genre, just cos of the wide variety and amazing sounds! Everything from liquid for a chilled mood to heavy neurofunk for when you're hyped up, and I'm a big fan of electronic stuff in general :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Classical,
Mozart, Debussy, Bach, Brahms, Haydn
Reply 4
New Wave is my favourite genre and Joy Division are my favourite band.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Love songs. Its just the kind of music you can fall asleep to
Reply 6
West coast G funk gangsta rap.
Reply 7
Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley. There is nothing I love more than giving that profound and insightful tune a listen!
Rock music is my fave, my favourite band is Jimmy Eat World after hearing their song 23, so much emotion Gawd :cry2:
Reply 9
I like a lot of band that start with the word 'The'. They tend to be more serious about not only conquering the world but actually deserving to -or they used to be anyway.

The Beatles, The Doors, (The) Pink Floyd, The Smiths, The Verve, The Stone Roses (yes they are a touch overrated compared to some of my other choices), The La's (one album - they're lucky to be on this list).

Then bands that don't start with 'The' who are either from America or are Pulp or Crowded House such as:

REM, Spin Doctors, Pulp, Crowded House, Lynryd Skynryd.

Then I like female artists with powerful songs such as:

Kate Bush, Tori Amos (for her first album), Kate Nash (I love Made of Bricks).

I would sum up my tastes as 'likes the kinds of music that people who go to grammar school might like when they're 14 and they're still in to it 20/30/40 years later'. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But I also like late 90s/ early 2000s west coast style easy going funk type songs. Which might also be the same demographic as above.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
French house is God's gift to Electronic music (well in my opinion anyway :tongue:). I've been getting into a lot of Go Go Bizkitt! at the moment :smile:
Listening Enrique Iglesias songs i love alot.
Reply 12
Nickleback - Hero
Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music
Pink Floyd - See Emily Play
Erik Satie - the Gnossiennes
Anything by Arctic Monkeys. My favourite song changes every time and at the moment it's "This House Is A Circus"

Lily

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Kinks, The Who, David Bowie, The Jam, The Smiths, Joy Division, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys.

Why do I like it so much? I'm a fan of literature and lyrics. I chose to listen to music which has meaning behind it. Dylan is the greatest at this, he is the greatest songwriter of all time.
Obviously it is...

KANYE WEST
I kinda find it hard to class an entire genre as my favourite because there are alot of **** artists in each one , music generally reflects my mood and I only tend to listen to some music in some seasons.

I like old school hip hop , old school RnB , Funk , Jazz , House , lil bit of Alternative rock , Reggae , etc
No, obviously its...

HANS ZIMMER :tongue:
Reply 19
My favourite band is The Smashing Pumpkins but my favourite genre is ambient

Carbon Based Lifeforms
Ishq
Loscil
Biosphere

I also like just general chillout/downtempo/shoegaze/post-rock

Quick Reply

Latest