The Student Room Group

Engineering Mathematics vs Engineering Design, Both at Brisol

First a bit of background. I've always wanted to do something maths/physics related but not pure/academic maths or physics. The most obvious area would be engineering, but i'm unsure what specific field, hence a more general degree.

I've been looking at bristol's more general courses, but i can't really see much of a difference between the Engineering design and the Engineering mathematics. Could someone explain the differences between them and give their general opinions on them?
Looking at the difference between both courses it seems, eng maths is fairly maths heavy obviously and is a degree that focuses specifically on the theoretical aspects if engineering. Lots of physics, maths and computer modelling, with some c programming in there. The eng design course on the other hand seems more like a general engineering degree tbh and gives you a basic understanding of all areas of engineering.
Reply 2
OK thanks for your reply, i think the Engineering Design sounds a bit better, although seems quite hard to get into as their so few places. Does anyone have any tips or things i can do to increase my chances.

Quick Reply

Latest