The Student Room Group

Nothings going in??

Ive been re-writing page for science and making some revision cards but i thought more would go in.. i just tried a past paper and was suprised by how much i actually remembered:confused: Any other revision tips? Myn are clearly not working too well
I think the more you put pressure on yourself to remember something, the harder it is to remember it as it just makes you more stressed.

When you learn something, try and link it to everything you've covered so far (mind map?) - the more connections you make the easier it is to remember it. Also, recall is important, don't expect to learn something in detail by looking at it 3 or 4 times, you must go over and over over.
Original post by Murts123
Ive been re-writing page for science and making some revision cards but i thought more would go in.. i just tried a past paper and was suprised by how much i actually remembered:confused: Any other revision tips? Myn are clearly not working too well

Hi,

In order to make the information 'stick', I would suggest you getting your textbook and make short concise notes on the page. Do not write down the unnecessary information to keep it short. Then move onto making mind-maps, posters, lists - anything that suits you as a learner. After you have gained the basics of your subjects, move onto completing past papers. Not all people enjoy past papers, but most people incorporate them in their revision. Why? Because past papers give you an idea of the type of questions and time pressures you will face in the real exam.

At first complete the past papers slow, but go through the mark schemes thoroughly in order to identify the areas that you need to improve on. Develop yourself a 'traffic light system' spreadsheet whereby a topic you feel comfortable with is colour-coded green and a topic you feel not-so comfortable with coloured red and any intermediates you feel are suitable.

Then, as your confidence increase, begin to complete the past papers in timed conditions. It is the timing that is vital in an exam. You must learn how much time to spend on different types of questions, which is generally all dependent upon the marks available for the question in-hand.

What I have written above is only a suggestion! :smile:

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending