Lauren_Holmes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
what does 'hydration' as a type of chemical weathering mean?
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lauren_Holmes)
what does 'hydration' as a type of chemical weathering mean?
Don't use this as a source that you quote in an answer, but Wikipedia has an entry here that you may find useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weathering#Hydration
Zaros
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hydration is a type of weathering where rocks and/or minerals absorb water, which causes them to expand and due to said expansion they begin to break down.

Hope that helps, I've made a set of flashcards for weathering and would be happy to pass it alone if you'd like?
Lauren_Holmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zaros)
Hydration is a type of weathering where rocks and/or minerals absorb water, which causes them to expand and due to said expansion they begin to break down.

Hope that helps, I've made a set of flashcards for weathering and would be happy to pass it alone if you'd like?

Yes that would be so fab if its possible x
Zaros
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lauren_Holmes)
Yes that would be so fab if its possible x
Here they are http://quizlet.com/41516262/weathering-flash-cards/

The website has a few ways to study them, but if you don't have an account you should still be able to print them off Best of luck in your exams!
Lauren_Holmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zaros)
Here they are http://quizlet.com/41516262/weathering-flash-cards/

The website has a few ways to study them, but if you don't have an account you should still be able to print them off Best of luck in your exams!
You are an absolute star!!!! if you have any other things on managing physical environments (coasts, rivers, cold environments) i'd be so grateful
Zaros
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sadly I'm studying AS Geography, and it doesn't have coasts rivers or cold environments, so I don't have anything on them
Really sorry about that...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (94)
38.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.46%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7%

Watched Threads