MAPM96
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm freaking out about my geography exams coming up in June! Does anyone have any advice on how to tackle the course and get the best grade i can?
tgwktm
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MAPM96)
I'm freaking out about my geography exams coming up in June! Does anyone have any advice on how to tackle the course and get the best grade i can?
are you doing gcse or a level?
MAPM96
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by tgwktm)
are you doing gcse or a level?
A Level :confused:
tgwktm
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
A Level :confused:
not sure what exam board you are on (i'm on OCR) but i think the best way to reduce the stress is to prepare yourself as much as possible. make sure you do lots of focused revision, learn the case studies (but don't fill yourself with numbers and stats with these have a few but you won't loads anyway, the way you apply case studies is most important), practice exam technique even if its just planning essays (i write the occasional one for practice but mostly i just plan them). also do plenty of reading around your topics you are studying, maybe even research some of your own case studies to use, it makes the subject a lot more interesting and easier to revise if you did the research yourself (i write a geography blog if that helps- link on my profile)
mainly though remember geography has no straight forward answer at A level, as long as you can argue your point well, looking at both sides and analysing issues then you'll be fine
TheStudent18
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
With geography you really need to make sure that you know all of the case studies you're required to know in really good detail. Ensure that you can memorise little facts between two contrasting case studies i.e. one from a MEDC and one from a LEDC in order to allow you to make good comparisons and simple calculations.

Also, I would suggest going through past papers and learning how to structure the essays as its the essays that make or break your grade as they are worth so many marks. Just remember to evaluate and also refer to the question when answering the essay questions!

Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (89)
67.42%
No (29)
21.97%
I didn't use it to prepare (14)
10.61%

Watched Threads