The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
same, think only people who had unconditional offers have been confirmed

eg my friend who did his a levels a couple of years ago had his accomodation confirmed in may
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 41
Hi Everybody... Hi Laurah....

Yep!... I've got the the acceptance for Cheny. They told that my room will be in the ground floor, so what do you think guys specially for those studing in Brookes, is it good and safe to have a room in the ground floor?? I like to be in high level to see the nature wouldn't be better?!!!. Are there any elevators in Cheny?
Reply 42
Ok am a lil baffled. I applied 4 accomodation ages ago, and am yet 2 recieve any letters from brookes about freshers week or accomodation. Whats goin on? Do u think i should call them up dis week, or wait for them 2 send the letetrs dis week comming. I have been accepted in2 brookes wit unconditional ...
Reply 43
Well, I'm in the same position as you and im going to ring tomorrow to try and sort out accomodation...it doesn't feel right being only 3/4 weeks away to moving there and not having somewhere to live! Though I don't know the number.............must be on the website somewhere..
Reply 44
I don't think anyone who only just got their unconditional offer has got anything from then yet about accomodation. I think there most probably waiting to recieve our reply slips back that we got from UCAS. Then when they know we are definately going we will get our packs.
Reply 45
guess ur right ^^...i will give it like 3-4days, if i aint heard from them, i think i will have 2 call them. I mean its like a month left of the holidays till we all start and like the above user said, its odd we aint recieved anythink
Reply 46
With every1 talking about accomodation, i wonder if they will be able 2 hook us up with sky TV...If they dont am gonna b pi$$ cos i love my sky and the premiership is back :P
Reply 47
Hey everyone.. case anyone didnt know i rang up the uni today asking about halls and was told that they make decisions on accommodation on august 29th so after then people will start recieving their accommodation offers...so that kinda sorts it out a bit! we just have to wait i guess...
Bean__x
Hey everyone.. case anyone didnt know i rang up the uni today asking about halls and was told that they make decisions on accommodation on august 29th so after then people will start recieving their accommodation offers...so that kinda sorts it out a bit! we just have to wait i guess...

wow that's pretty late, i wonder why they leave it so long?!
Reply 49
i think as xxemmaxx said...they wait for everyone to return their reply slips so they know exactly whos coming and whos not...makes sense i guess!
bit confusing tho as i applied to london accommodation before i got results and i was accepted and paid deposit for it months ago!...need a refund now tho lol
Reply 50
i was at brookes today, and i handed in my accmodation application, but they said birmingham isn't that far so i am not guaranteed accomodation! do they want me to travel from birmingham everyday?! I'm also confused about people specifying what accomodation they have applied for because i'm sure i had to put numbers next to ensuite, catered etc, there were no names! what is going on??:frown:
Reply 51
I havent reciceved any accom or freshers info :frown:
not worried yet but will be if i dont recieve any info by the end of next week

i hope i am not the only person in this postion
Reply 52
i also havent recieved any freshers or accom info, but when i rang they said wait til after the 29th of aug to hear more...
Reply 53
Hi,

I think i'm a bit different form everyone else as I'm on a gap year, i got all my information through at the end of july and had to send contracts/tuition fee enrolment etc back by mid-august. I've found out i'm in clive booth halls? Is anyone else? I'm studying english, would be great to hear from anyone else who is. Hope you're all excited and to those of you who haven't got ur info yet i wouldn't worry. they've been really quick and good with me so i'm sure u'll get it before you go. Imagine how many people you have to deal with. all i'd say is try and complete as much of your enrolment online, payment etc. as i reckon that will make it a lot easier in the first few days. Less queueing!
Jenn. x
Hey guys, i'm in the same situation - i rang them up too and they said all the info should be out on the 29th, so we just have to wait till then. Not long now!
Ok, well we should all have our accommodation now so i hope you all got what you wanted! I didn't :frown: I got my 8th choice lol. Lady Spencer Churchill Hall, not only is it a mouthful but it is also the furthest away from Headington!
Reply 56
hiii, i got my freshers pack 2day. tons of info man...cudnt be asked reading it all lool. But i did not recieve any mail about accomodation, so i signed in2 the PIP site and it said successfull for Crescent Hall....dat sucks man!!! Dat was my 4th choice aswell lool
Reply 57
yeah, i got my third choice, Morrell hall, but i checked it out and it looked ok which is good because i was gutted when i rung up! have not got any freshers info yet though, oh and did they tell any1 else they were lucky to get halls because of their distance from brookes, im only in region 1 (london etc) so i am very close, only an hours drive, and they told me half the people from region 1 did not get halls!
Well, that just makes me feel guilty moaning about being in lady spencer! It will be ok though, in essence it only is a year and it will go quickly! 8th choice is slightly ridiculous though. grrr. Still waiting for freshers info though lol
Reply 59
yeah that is a tad on the harsh side, you should ring em up and complain! oh well, we shall move on and enjoy our first year at the longly anticipated OXFORD BROOKES!

Latest

Trending

Trending