Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've got my exams in a few weeks, and I've started to revise, but there's so much stuff, and creating a mind map for B1 will be like 4 pages, which wont work, and flash cards as well... Can anyone write down the things we have to learn , like the key things, and if any resources like mind maps etc....would be super useful

-Thanks sam

ReputationRep:
    You tried www.getrevising.co.uk yet?

They have all flashcards made by other students, note an ad mind map so you don't really need to make any.

For biology you should read your notes, use flashcards to help you understand and memorize, and do lots of past papers afterwards to help you get use do the types of question they throw at you; as examiners seem to recycle many questions that were on previous papers, but the phrase it differently.

ReputationRep:
    Biology is a lot of memory work, create as many of these flash cards with questions more than definitions,

EXAMPLE:

one side: name the enzymes in the digestive system and where they are located.

other side: Amylase in the salivary glands
    Protease in the stomach.
    and then lipase released by the pancreas into the small intestine.

ReputationRep:
    Do past papers, even if you don't know the answers, you'll learn as you go along. You will also get exam technique in there! Do as many PP as possible and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    hey sam ,

Im doing the B2 paper i did b1 last year and Got a B without a lot of exam practice , maybe the reason i couldn't get an A .

But this year i Have to Get a A or A* to do science next yr in 6th form . What i suggest you to do is to go on this website http://www.my-gcsescience.com which has all gcse science contents and watch these videos and make your notes . once you made all your notes revise them by covering them and writing them on a plain piece of paper .

This method got me a B last year . But this year I'm going to do more practice on past papers. Hope i helped and best of luck .

ReputationRep:
    go on mygcsescience on youtube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Hatake)
    Hi
    I've got my exams in a few weeks, and I've started to revise, but there's so much stuff, and creating a mind map for B1 will be like 4 pages, which wont work, and flash cards as well... Can anyone write down the things we have to learn , like the key things, and if any resources like mind maps etc....would be super useful

-Thanks sam

Hey Sam

I take it you're doing OCR 21st Century. Exams exactly a week from now, correct?

The most important thing you need to remember is: DON'T STRESS YOURSELF OUT!!!!!!!!

I only started revising for my 23 exams this week - I should be more stressed out but I'm not... Mainly because of the half term I have in between the clusters of exams.

If you're not already on study leave, call school off. Stay at home and study. Sleep early and wake yourself up at 6 in the morning. It really helps. In fact, I woke up at around 6 this morning and have already managed 2 past papers (it's around 9:44) and I'm seeing where my weaknesses are.

The best advice I can give you is to section out the areas of the syllabus that appeal to you. If you study the areas of biology that you enjoy studying, it makes everything else a hell of a lot easier. That's what I did for the mocks, but only for biology. I found that it really works, and out of the 8 Bs and 2 A*s that I got, biology was one of the A*s. In fact, the school had to re-take the mock because someone was caught cheating before the exam. I managed two A*s in biology! And all because I did the areas I LIKED before the others.

For example, out of B1 B2 B3, my favorite subjects are homeostasis, stem cells and the immune system. So I chose to study these sections before everything else. Then I went on to genes and the nitrogen cycle etc. and I found that it was a bunch easier to study it now that I had the knowledge of the other subjects. Think of it as a morale booster.

So remember, Sam: don't stress out before the exams, and do the areas which you like first! And this applies to all of your subjects. I hope it helps!

I wish you the best of luck in your GCSE's.

- Bardia

ReputationRep:
    ^^

This Guy!

ReputationRep:
    Quick question I'm near the end of year 11 and I would think I would just hook on this thread. i did a b1 b2 b3 mock exam about a week ago and I got a B I did one this weekend and got an A. How will my mock exam grades reflect my real exam grades. do you think they will be similar or do you think they will be worse? Thanks for a reply if I get one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellenfish)
    Quick question I'm near the end of year 11 and I would think I would just hook on this thread. i did a b1 b2 b3 mock exam about a week ago and I got a B I did one this weekend and got an A. How will my mock exam grades reflect my real exam grades. do you think they will be similar or do you think they will be worse? Thanks for a reply if I get one.
    better if you work. Worse if you get complacent

ReputationRep:
    for b1 and b2 you have to do this

food chains Tropic Level: each of several hierarchical levels in an ecosystem, consisting of organisms sharing the same function in the food chain and the same nutritional relationship to the primary sources of energy
    There are organisms other than green plants that are producers
    Some organisms are both primary and secondary consumers because they eat both plant and animal e.g. birds – eat seeds and insects
    Changes in the population of one organism may affect the other organisms in a food web because some organisms rely on other organisms for food so if the food source decreases then the reliant organism will also decrease in number due to starvation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieren098)
    for b1 and b2 you have to do this

food chains Tropic Level: each of several hierarchical levels in an ecosystem, consisting of organisms sharing the same function in the food chain and the same nutritional relationship to the primary sources of energy
    There are organisms other than green plants that are producers
    Some organisms are both primary and secondary consumers because they eat both plant and animal e.g. birds – eat seeds and insects
    Changes in the population of one organism may affect the other organisms in a food web because some organisms rely on other organisms for food so if the food source decreases then the reliant organism will also decrease in number due to starvation
    Thank you!!
    Do you know topics in B3. C1,2,3 and P1, 2, 3?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.