He thinks I'm not interested because he only has one eye..

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
There's this guy who would not stop pestering me to go and see him or to go out for a drink with him, so in the end I gave in and went out with him. I kind of felt like I had nothing to lose.

He lost one of his eyes a while ago in some sort of fight, so he only has one eye. This didn't really bother me at all, there was just nothing there for me and I know he's interested in me like romantically.

Anyways I got a message from him telling me that I am out of order not going out with him because he only has 1 eye, I messaged him back saying that even if he had 2 eyes it would never happen and to leave me alone (which I suppose sounded kind of rude).

I then saw his Sister and she tried to have a go at me about it, saying that she was going to smash my face in if I ever speak about her Brother like that again as it's not his fault he only has 1 eye.

Am I missing something here? it has nothing to do with his eye.

I feel like everyone's going to think I'm a ***** now because he's saying that basically because he's disabled I wont go out with him...
Hertz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's harassment and threats. Report to police if continues

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tell him he needs to see the other side of things, then you can patch things up...

Seriously, you've obviously done nothing wrong, just clearly state to anyone who brings it up it wasn't because of his eye, you just don't see him that way. I don't see how anyone could not accept that, he seems to be operating with the premise any girl would be want to go out with him if he had two eyes, which is ridiculous.
SuperDuperNoob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which you suppose sounded kind of rude? ****!!
rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There's this guy who would not stop pestering me to go and see him or to go out for a drink with him, so in the end I gave in and went out with him. I kind of felt like I had nothing to lose.

He lost one of his eyes a while ago in some sort of fight, so he only has one eye. This didn't really bother me at all, there was just nothing there for me and I know he's interested in me like romantically.

Anyways I got a message from him telling me that I am out of order not going out with him because he only has 1 eye, I messaged him back saying that even if he had 2 eyes it would never happen and to leave me alone (which I suppose sounded kind of rude).

I then saw his Sister and she tried to have a go at me about it, saying that she was going to smash my face in if I ever speak about her Brother like that again as it's not his fault he only has 1 eye.

I feel like everyone's going to think I'm a ***** now because he's saying that basically because he's disabled I wont go out with him...
lol, how do u end up with insecure guys like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
David B
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is pretty funny, the guy gets rejected and the only thing he thinks let him down was the fact he had only 1 eye. Doesn't he have a fake one in? Or at least an eye patch?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mankytoes)
Tell him he needs to see the other side of things, then you can patch things up...

Seriously, you've obviously done nothing wrong, just clearly state to anyone who brings it up it wasn't because of his eye, you just don't see him that way. I don't see how anyone could not accept that, he seems to be operating with the premise any girl would be want to go out with him if he had two eyes, which is ridiculous.
Was that a pun? lol

You're right, thank you.

(Original post by rock_climber86)
lol, how do u end up with insecure guys like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea, it's strange because he is actually quite attractive but this whole nothing ever goes right for me because I only have 1 eye is really off putting.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by David B)
This is pretty funny, the guy gets rejected and the only thing he thinks let him down was the fact he had only 1 eye. Doesn't he have a fake one in? Or at least an eye patch?
Yeah he has a fake one.
David B
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah he has a fake one.
He really should of gotten an eye patch, so he can be a pirate.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Was that a pun? lol

You're right, thank you.

I have no idea, it's strange because he is actually quite attractive but this whole nothing ever goes right for me because I only have 1 eye is really off putting.
There are actually two puns if you look closely...

People can get like that about all sorts of things- "if it wasn't for this thing I can't control, all my problems would be solved".
Xyloid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mankytoes)

Lol.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
First you **** off my brother for being visually impaired and then you **** him off on the internet? Are you for real b****? Do you want me to tell these people what you REALLY said about my brother? Don't try to play the victim here...
Anonymous #1
First you **** off my brother for being visually impaired and then you **** him off on the internet? Are you for real b****? Do you want me to tell these people what you REALLY said about my brother? Don't try to play the victim here...
Yes please do tell TSR what I said, I need a laugh.
consumed by stuff
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He only has an eye for you.

It was love at first partial sight.

That is all.
HeavyTeddy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SuperDuperNoob)
Which you suppose sounded kind of rude? ****!!
LOL that was my favourite part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HeavyTeddy)
LOL that was my favourite part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think he did take it as me being rude as I think he expected me to be like ''of course it's not because you only have 1 eye''. I was a bit blunt, so I can see why someone would think that's rude.
joker12345
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, you were really rude and unkind to him, be nice about rejection at least. You could have said 'no, it's not about that, I just really don't see you that way' or something, but your aggressive response obviously aggravated things and saying 'even if you had 2 eyes I wouldnt date you' doesn't really make it clear the eyes thing doesn't bother you.
Zenomorph
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Symptom of our society letting PC go mad.

This is clear blackmail and harassment , eye , eye, eye !
Клейтон
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Hehe, I'm sorry that part just made me laugh. Yes I know I'm a horrendous human. But seriously, that's bullying and emotional blackmail, he might be trying to make you feel guilty. Report it.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Was that a pun? lol
There were two puns there, actually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
4.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
17.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
9.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (4)
9.76%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (16)
39.02%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
19.51%

Watched Threads