The Student Room Group

have feelings for a guy (im a guy too) confession? x_x

Been fancying him for almost a year...I don't wanna freak him out tho..he's shown signs that indicates he likes me but he's very shy and doesn't speak about his sexuality. L..how can I make him feel safe and tell him not to worry because I'm just as scared as him? And no one needs to know..I just want him to feel safe..how or what can I say when I confess? I like u and I wanna be with u/date u?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Been fancying him for almost a year...I don't wanna freak him out tho..he's shown signs that indicates he likes me but he's very shy and doesn't speak about his sexuality. L..how can I make him feel safe and tell him not to worry because I'm just as scared as him? And no one needs to know..I just want him to feel safe..how or what can I say when I confess? I like u and I wanna be with u/date u?

Thanks!

You really need to found out about his sexuality or any advances could end very embarrassingly for both of you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by JamesMartinez
You really need to found out about his sexuality or any advances could end very embarrassingly for both of you.

He is gay..but he's very secretive about it
Reply 3
He is gay..but he's very secretive about it

How do you know though?
Reply 4
Original post by Ebony19
How do you know though?

I know people who know him from his hometown. And his ex gf btw..who hates him so much because of this.
Well, I would not probably try to ask him out immediately (even if you are 100% sure he is gay). First of all, does he know you are? And anyways, I would simply plan to declare your feelings (which is honest from you), and then see how he reacts.
Reply 6
I know people who know him from his hometown. And his ex gf btw..who hates him so much because of this.

What and they've all just randomly told you he's gay or did you ask them?

Most importantly though you haven't actually heard it from his own mouth. That makes me think it's probably best not to just dive in and say "well I know you're gay cos I can just tell and your friends from back home made it clear and so I really can't fight it anymore and have to tell you that I like you...do you like me I've been getting hints..."

This is not the way. You want to play it as cool as possible and as much as I know you probably just want to get everything out in the open you're going to have to be measured about it, as in take it slowly.

Firstly I suggest getting him to talk about sexuality. If you're close enough and you spend a lot of time together (which it kinda sounds like you do), then when you're alone together that's the kind of time you want to try to get to the bottom (no pun intended) of where he stands with his sexuality. At this stage unless he suddenly tells you he's gay and really likes you, which seems unlikely as you said he was shy then it's best you don't make any advance or tell him how you feel yourself. It's most likely going to be a gradual process but you yourself know the dynamic between you two and how you converse so you should be able to make a judgment as to how to go about it but I imagine the more casual and less interrogatory the better!

If you've managed to come to some kind of conclusion either through him saying something or through other things which mean it's pretty conclusive - he's gay/bi - WITHOUT having pounded it out of him (omg dodgy wording yet again) - then you can consider your feelings and whether to tell or whatever...

But again you'll have to make a judgment when/if it's the right time to do this and you obviously don't want to make it seedy but instead like you're caring, which you obviously are :smile:

Not sure what else to add any questions?
Reply 7
Original post by Ebony19
What and they've all just randomly told you he's gay or did you ask them?

Most importantly though you haven't actually heard it from his own mouth. That makes me think it's probably best not to just dive in and say "well I know you're gay cos I can just tell and your friends from back home made it clear and so I really can't fight it anymore and have to tell you that I like you...do you like me I've been getting hints..."

This is not the way. You want to play it as cool as possible and as much as I know you probably just want to get everything out in the open you're going to have to be measured about it, as in take it slowly.

Firstly I suggest getting him to talk about sexuality. If you're close enough and you spend a lot of time together (which it kinda sounds like you do), then when you're alone together that's the kind of time you want to try to get to the bottom (no pun intended) of where he stands with his sexuality. At this stage unless he suddenly tells you he's gay and really likes you, which seems unlikely as you said he was shy then it's best you don't make any advance or tell him how you feel yourself. It's most likely going to be a gradual process but you yourself know the dynamic between you two and how you converse so you should be able to make a judgment as to how to go about it but I imagine the more casual and less interrogatory the better!

If you've managed to come to some kind of conclusion either through him saying something or through other things which mean it's pretty conclusive - he's gay/bi - WITHOUT having pounded it out of him (omg dodgy wording yet again) - then you can consider your feelings and whether to tell or whatever...

But again you'll have to make a judgment when/if it's the right time to do this and you obviously don't want to make it seedy but instead like you're caring, which you obviously are :smile:

Not sure what else to add any questions?

well i certainly wont dive in and say hey i know ur gay. heck ill pretend like i dont even know. I'll just be like lsn man ive been meaning to tell u something for some time now, but i dont want u to freak out. i kinda like u and stuff.
Reply 8
well i certainly wont dive in and say hey i know ur gay. heck ill pretend like i dont even know. I'll just be like lsn man ive been meaning to tell u something for some time now, but i dont want u to freak out. i kinda like u and stuff.
Aw okay well I hope it goes well and maybe let us know how you get on :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Ebony19
Aw okay well I hope it goes well and maybe let us know how you get on :smile:

thank you so so much! :smile:
thank you so so much! :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Good luck and hope he likes you :hugs:
Original post by Rainbow Student
Good luck and hope he likes you :hugs:

Thank u...im confessing everything to him in 2 days..im so scared :frown: I feel like I'll make a fool out of myself and jumble up my words
Thank u...im confessing everything to him in 2 days..im so scared :frown: I feel like I'll make a fool out of myself and jumble up my words

Don't worry, it's cute if that happens :tongue:

If you are going to do this then best of luck. Just make sure that if he doesn't want to talk about it then you need to respect that; and also remember that you could damage your friendship, even if he is gay. One of my best friends is closeted but if I told him I liked him our friendship would be really damaged, unless he fancied me too.
Reply 14
OP i think you could be gay
Original post by Treeroy
Don't worry, it's cute if that happens :tongue:

If you are going to do this then best of luck. Just make sure that if he doesn't want to talk about it then you need to respect that; and also remember that you could damage your friendship, even if he is gay. One of my best friends is closeted but if I told him I liked him our friendship would be really damaged, unless he fancied me too.

But im only telling him I like him not just cuz I do like him but because he has shown signs that he likes me...if he does like me, then chances are he won't say no or reject me even if he was scared? I can be like im just as scared and dont worry no one will ever know if you're not comfortable with it just yet
But im only telling him I like him not just cuz I do like him but because he has shown signs that he likes me...if he does like me, then chances are he won't say no or reject me even if he was scared? I can be like im just as scared and dont worry no one will ever know if you're not comfortable with it just yet

Obviously if he does like you and you declare your feelings for him, then something might happen, but I am saying that just because he is gay (which you don't know), that doesn't mean he does like you - especially since he doesn't know you are gay.

You are making the massive assumption that he likes you. Why do you think he does? What are the "signs"? You didn't mention them.

But that would be adorable! :cute: It shows how much you dote on him. :smile: Lol but don't worry about it because the more you worry, the less chance you have of doing it properly. Just let it naturally come to you and tell him straight (pun not intended XD). Good luck, at least you got your chance, too late for me to tell him... :frown: But you'll be fine. Good luck and get back to us on it. :hugs: :smile:
Original post by Ggmu!
OP i think you could be gay

I think OP knows he's gay. :lol:
Original post by Treeroy
Obviously if he does like you and you declare your feelings for him, then something might happen, but I am saying that just because he is gay (which you don't know), that doesn't mean he does like you - especially since he doesn't know you are gay.

You are making the massive assumption that he likes you. Why do you think he does? What are the "signs"? You didn't mention them.

oh sorry. here they are:

1. when it's just us 2 in the backseat of the car, he edges his knees closer to mine till our legs touch

2. sometimes i move my leg towards his and he doesnt move his legs at all

3. once, he edged closer to me and somehow his left leg ended up under my right leg ,and we just stayed like that for like 5 mins (my friend michelle was like that's a sign that he's interested because there is no way you "accidentally" lock your leg under someone else's leg...and i swear i felt heat emitting between our legs

4. he always smiles with me and all, never once was rude to me (even tho he gets angry at his friends, but never to me, hes too sweet to me)

5. I invited him out once for a dinner & movie and afterwards he said: "I dont normally say this but i really had fun with you tonight. Thank u so much, and next time, it's my treat" After that, he walked me home.

6. once, i invited him out with some mutual friends, and he called my best friend michelle and told her sorry i cant make it and i didnt call max (me) because i really like the guy and i dont wanna break his heart. and afterwards when she ran into him, he told her, did u tell him? and she told me he looked so sad and his eyes were so sad and she was like it showed that he really really liked you

7. whenever we're out with friends and i wanna go to the bathroom, he comes with me, or says yeah i'm gonna go to the bathroom too.

8. when i invited him that day, just us 2, we got our burgers got mixed up (i took a few bites out of his and he took a few bites out of mine) so he was like do u mind eating from my mouth? im like no, do u mind eating from mine? he was like no. so we ended up switching the burgers.

9. 2 of my friends have caught him staring at me a few times and they were like it wasnt a normal look

10. my best friend michelle said once she caught him staring at me and when she looked at him he blushed and turned away and she was like it's so obvious he's into you...
she keeps telling me, max I know people, i can read people, i know how you're feelings and I swear if I wasn't sure he liked you, id tell you, im not raising your hopes, because i know he is interested and you 2 will end up together if name isn't michelle.

also, and i dont know what this means yet, but his best friend is friends with michelle and he told her btw zak doesnt like you (the guy i like is zak and we all know him and michelle dont get along well), and then alex was like but there's a reason why he hangs out with you guys;.. and michelle thinks "I" am the reason...

--
and 4 close friends of mine think those are signs...what do u think? be honest please!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending