Watch
Falcatas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...ting-Churchill

So much for free speech.

Sure the man might be the leader of a BNP splinter group and you might think what he (and Churchill) said is wrong and offensive but regardless he has been arrested for expressing an opinion. He did not suggest that anyone should attack Muslims or anything.

There is nothing what he said that could be incitement.

This is more evidence that Public Order acts and other related laws are responsible for trampling over freedom of speech.

EDIT: Correction it seems the LibertyGB isn't a BNP splinter group (although it does have very similar opinons about keeping Britain a white majority country). Regardless now matter what its views are they should be allowed to express them and put them to the public for debate.
Radicalathiest
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27186573

Who want's to bet he will released with out charge and get a pay out from the police
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"He was detained after failing to comply with a request by police to move on under the powers of a dispersal order."

"He was further arrested on suspicion of religious or racial harassment."

So not arrested for quoting Churchill then. You can always count on the UK press for misleading headlines.
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tbh just because a famous historical figure said something doesn't mean people can give random public speeches quoting them.

Churchill, while being a great wartime leader, had some pretty reprehensible beliefs.

I do think that the police were justified in arresting him, because his speech wasn't planned, and he basically got a megaphone and started quoting a passage to provoke people.
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dez)

So not arrested for quoting Churchill then. You can always count on the UK press for misleading headlines.
Unless the 'harassment' came from quoting Churchill.
Radicalathiest
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dez)
"He was detained after failing to comply with a request by police to move on under the powers of a dispersal order."

The 'suspicion of religious or racial harassment' was because he was quoting Churchill
Radicalathiest
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
Unless the 'harassment' came from quoting Churchill.
It did.
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.
Yeah, screw people who care about women's rights. Let's just lock them away. Should be taken outside and shot for saying this.

[/sarcasm]
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To anyone that opens this thread: read the BBC article before you make yourself look horribly silly.
Falcatas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dez)

You can always count on the BBC to not explain what actually happened when it comes to things that aren't politically correct (saying mean things about Islam).
Him quoting Churchill was the apparent "religious of racial harassment."
brap man 420
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
man shouts hate speech in public through a loud device

should be the title...
Radicalathiest
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by brap man 420)

should be the title...
since when has quoting Churchill been 'hate speech'?
brap man 420
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Radicalathiest)
since when has quoting Churchill been 'hate speech'?
I have a quote where Churchill says its ok to use poison gas on tribes. It doesn't matter whether its Churchill or not.
Radicalathiest
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have a quote where Churchill says its ok to use poison gas on tribes. It doesn't matter whether its Churchill or not.

Not what i asked

How is it hate speech?
Falcatas
Rep:
?

should be the title...

The original reason of him being arrested was dropped but then he was rearrested him on grounds of "racial or religious discrimination" .

So he was not charged with anything do to with him shouting through a megaphone.

Now he is charged with something to do with what he said. This is the point. He said something and now he being charged with a criminal offence.
Oldcon1953
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Clicked on the link in the OP than watched the video of the demonstration of the muslim rally. WOW!! The guy was calling for an end to Democracy and the enforcement of sharia law. Image

I wish they would try that over here. God Bless the 2nd Amendment.
Radicalathiest
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Oldcon1953)
Clicked on the link in the OP than watched the video of the demonstration of the muslim rally. WOW!! The guy was calling for an end to Democracy and the enforcement of sharia law. Image

Don't you have the same issue in dearborne (SP)?
Falcatas
Rep:
?

You do realise you would be guilty of assault?
You can't shoot people because they have vile opinions.

Fanatical Muslims have the right to attempt to persuade people to embrace Sharia. Of course they are living in fantasy world, it will never happen but they are allowed to try.

Of course any violent attempt to force it must be responded with deadly force.
Oldcon1953
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Radicalathiest)
Don't you have the same issue in dearborne (SP)?
To my knowledge it's not gone anywhere near the extent that I saw in that video. If you've any news to the contrary I'd appreciate a link.
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

In other words you would use the 2nd Amendment against the 1st. Great logic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.06%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (7)
21.21%

Watched Threads