Attitude towards Mature Virgins at University?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've never really been a fan of making threads on this topic but I had to get an answer to my curiosity.

I'm a Male and going to be starting University later this year and when I start I will be 25. I am a virgin, never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl.

I am staying on campus and don't intend to keep it a secret. I don't plan on boasting about it but will be honest if asked.

I am wondering what could I expect the general attitude be towards this?
Eveiebaby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you waiting for Miss Right or are you hoping to pop your cherry on campus asap?
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Report 7 years ago
Need to help them out.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Eveiebaby)
Are you waiting for Miss Right or are you hoping to pop your cherry on campus asap?
No to both. I'm not rushing to sleep with the first opportunity I've got. I'm not waiting for Miss Right, I've just been real unlucky growing up.
JayJOkocha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if you're 25 people will think there's something wrong (and there probably is)
Kaeseia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depending on the kinds of people you end up telling, I'd imagine you'd get nothing but mild curiosity along the lines of "cool. how come?" but there's always the risk of someone being mean about it. It'll obviously be more important to any potential lovers though.
Anonymous #1
I have a perfectly reasonable explanation and I would be honest. I had no confidence or self esteem since the age of 13. The reason I am going to University (other than for my career) but to also give myself the life I missed out on.
lou 22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No to both. I'm not rushing to sleep with the first opportunity I've got. I'm not waiting for Miss Right, I've just been real unlucky growing up.
You sound like a male version of me :facepalm:.
jay2013
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've never really been a fan of making threads on this topic but I had to get an answer to my curiosity.

I'm a Male and going to be starting University later this year and when I start I will be 25. I am a virgin, never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl.

I am staying on campus and don't intend to keep it a secret. I don't plan on boasting about it but will be honest if asked.

I am wondering what could I expect the general attitude be towards this?
Most people won't ask you about it. Some of your close male friends may end up asking about it, but that's about it really from a social point of view.

The general attitude will most likely be that "it's your life so do what you want with it". Some women will respect that you're a virgin and be willing to sleep/date you, some women will find it odd but may still be willing to sleep/date you, and some women will find it a turn off because they want someone who is experienced and who knows what they're doing.
lou 22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But I think most will be incredibly curious as to why you remain a virgin, but I find it kind of annoying why does it seem like you are defined by how many people you have slept with or whether you are a virgin? wtf seriously.

But dude some will be like okay and others will think of all kinds of reason, but I have adopted the dgaf approach to my virginity and peoples questions.
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the replies guys (or girls)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
26.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.33%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.33%

Watched Threads