The Student Room Group

Teacher stabbed to death at Leeds school

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by José Callejón
Death Penalty for crimes like this.

**** knows how ANYBODY can disagree. Mind boggles...

Too kind of a punishment in my opinion.
Original post by KanKan
Too kind of a punishment in my opinion.

Spot on, Sir.
Reply 22
Absolutely harrowing.
Juvenile offender hence minimal amount of sentence coming up.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Sick , twisted individual .

May the poor lady rest in peace.

I can't help but think if he was black it would cause a moral panic and national outrage though.

I thought he was.
Original post by Dabossi89
I agree why would someone do this to a teacher, its wrong

I don't know what happened and there's the usual media reports saying she was the 'best teacher ever', but I have no idea of what happened and the motivations of the young person involved. I'm not condoning what he did, but I want to hear the full picture of what happened. Maybe when we get that we can work to stop this kind of thing happening again?

Until more news comes then I have no idea. The only thing I say is RIP and my thoughts go with the pupils and the teacher's family and friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by the mezzil
I never said anything to you but I will answer anyway.

Capital punishment does not intend to educate or deter. Hence the word PUNISHMENT. If you are going to use the deterrent argument then so will I. Prison does not deter murders, nor does the prospect of being re-educated. Nothing deters a murder, so why waste your time trying to deter one?

Define murder. Then define killing. Then get back to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I define murder as: The (generally premeditated) unlawful killing of another human being through malice.

I define killing as: Ending the life of a human being.

From these definitions I claim that the difference between a murder and an execution is the lawful part and the malice part. Lawful does not equal moral, so it's really the malice part in my view.

I also don't believe that prison is a deterrent. It seems to be quite a lavish lifestyle in there these days.

The main argument I have against capital punishment is the standard of proof required. There have been many cases of wrongly convicted individuals, due to either a poor defense team, police corruption or in extreme cases- a false confession. New evidence comes to light that contradicts the original conviction and the person is released.

These people were initially convicted for heinous crimes, and they would be put to death.
There's also that whole thing about the death penalty costing more to the state than life-imprisonment.

Just my thoughts.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CryptoidAlien
I thought he was.

Actually he was a young white mosher. He wasn't black at all.
Original post by 'Ello Dave!
Showing that killing is wrong...by killing. Good one.

You're my wife now, Dave
Poor woman, from what I've read she was a lovely and dedicated teacher, she seemed very well liked by the pupils and teachers. I hope the boy responsible gets a thorough psychiatric assessment and treated accordingly, whether that's being put in a regular YOI or a psychiatric secure unit. He should not be free to inflict this on someone else again.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry, kids dont just do things like this, there are reasons and actions prior to this. Nobody is born a lunatic, you develop into one.

I want a full analysis of this kid.
Reply 31
It is à Shame , reminds of stories about certain catholic schools where students would get violent with teachers.
a terrible event. my heart goes out to the teacher's family & the school.

it seems that the murderer was addicted to violent video games. when will people finally realize the damage that these vile games can do to young folk ?
Reply 33
Yet the police say it needs to be handled "sensitively". Hell no, if he thinks he can do something as sickening as that then throw him in prison. It's a shame hangings and torture are against the law now, evil child. This should never have happened and I hope the teacher rests in peace.
Original post by bun

Anyway, he regrets it now and says how he would have easily lost his job. But that was pretty much all he could have done to diffuse the situation. Got plenty other examples like that from other teachers too.

Yeah at primary school my year 6 teacher was like that, he was a fairly chilled guy otherwise, probably too much so really, since he'd leave the classroom to watch football matches.. :rolleyes:

But when he told people off it was like being in the military, you could hear him screaming at people from halfway across the school. We had a typical class bully, everyone knew what he was like, and he'd injured yet another kid. End of lunch when we all lined up to go inside the teacher pointed to the two involved to stand at the wall, like normal when someone had done something wrong. He tells the bully the boy and others told him that he'd attacked the boy. Bully goes "There;s no proof though, no proof, I didn't!". Teacher tells the kid to lift up his shirt and he had scratch marks on his chest and had some grazes on his knees and such. Then the teacher grabs the bully, starts pushing him really hard, saying "not so fun now is it? Is it! What nothing to say?!". We had this fake boat sunk into the concrete has a climbing frame type thing and the teacher then shoves him over it (so he falls back and trips landing inside it, obviously banging his head and such). He starts crying and the teacher says "But there's no proof! NO proof!...you're pathetic! Inside everyone, leave him out here".

Doubt he regretted it though tbh.

Bully boy did leave everyone alone for some time. :cool:
Original post by djpatch
Yet the police say it needs to be handled "sensitively". Hell no, if he thinks he can do something as sickening as that then throw him in prison. It's a shame hangings and torture are against the law now, evil child. This should never have happened and I hope the teacher rests in peace.

Aye, stick him with the other murderers, not juvies, for a week. Tell them to give the fresh meat a warm welcome.
Welcome to Leeds.
Reply 37
Original post by the bear
a terrible event. my heart goes out to the teacher's family & the school.

it seems that the murderer was addicted to violent video games. when will people finally realize the damage that these vile games can do to young folk ?

NO, its not video games, probably the bullying and exclusion the boy felt, see how they describe him has strange and weird.
Original post by sucess
NO, its not video games, probably the bullying and exclusion the boy felt, see how they describe him has strange and weird.

obviously you are right. ultra violent video games are just harmless fun for the 15 year old mind. i wish i had been able to relax with them at that age.
Even though this is shocking I categorically disagree with capital punishment which is essentially built on the concept of revenge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending