I am worried about tests, is it just my brain playing tricks?

Watch
kelefi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hey, i am a pretty clever guy and i have about 23 GCSE exams coming up in may until june. and needless to say i an panicking.

i am expected to get:
bio A*
phys A*
chem A*
maths A*
history A
business A*
Computing A*
german A*
English A

but i am panicking. i am feeling that i wont be able to get those grades, and i feel demotivated and depressed because i feel so stressed!

is there anything i can do to deal with stress and relax, and not be so scared about exams?

im just thinking to myself that im going to get A's and B's instead of A*'s and one or two A's. :/

its just that i am so worried, this had NEVER happened to me before, i am always confident and never revise but now i have made about 200 revision cards which cover almost every subject. i am so scared!

HELPPPP!
thanks in advance - please give me something specific to my situation
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You'll be fine. Just make sure that you feel prepared going into the exam. Get good amounts of sleep and don't over work yourself or you will burn out. If you feel stressed, take an evening off and chill.

In the exam you just kind of get into the mode of doing it and you do tend to do better in the real thing than mocks. My brother is also doing GCSEs and has the same number of exams, he's not bothering with revision now for anything after the half term and focussing on the 16-18 or so he has prior to the holidays.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
No that's something called exam anxiety: everyone gets them, I am pretty much panicking that I wont get As in my A-levels.

Try to calm yourself first, and think positive, that you will succeed and get those grades. Also don't lock yourself in your room or library revising all the time, make sure you have at least a day off to have a bit of fun; as it would wear you out and increase stress.
Bobjim12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some people when confronted with an exam paper simply panic and forget how to count and such things like that and it is really unfair that they are marking the papers...

ON a serious note, do practice papers and try to get A*, if you achieve this, you know that you are capable of it, if you don't do another one... and so forth,

apart from that, positive thoughts, positive thoughts..
German123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kelefi)
hey, i am a pretty clever guy and i have about 23 GCSE exams coming up in may until june. and needless to say i an panicking.

i am expected to get:
bio A*
phys A*
chem A*
maths A*
history A
business A*
Computing A*
german A*
English A

but i am panicking. i am feeling that i wont be able to get those grades, and i feel demotivated and depressed because i feel so stressed!

is there anything i can do to deal with stress and relax, and not be so scared about exams?

im just thinking to myself that im going to get A's and B's instead of A*'s and one or two A's. :/

its just that i am so worried, this had NEVER happened to me before, i am always confident and never revise but now i have made about 200 revision cards which cover almost every subject. i am so scared!

HELPPPP!
Need some motivation:

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."
kelefi
Rep:
?
thanks!
btw, who is that quote from? if its yours then its awesome to be you
Bobjim12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thanks!
btw, who is that quote from? if its yours then its awesome to be you
I wouldn't want to steal one of my favourite comedian's jokes! haha no, it was from Hugh Dennis on mock the week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJqDMkuTbbM watch at 3:12..
kelefi
Rep:
?
ha i love mock the week!
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Report 6 years ago
Have a look at this
Bridget Jones
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

i am expected to get:
bio A*
phys A*
chem A*
maths A*
history A
business A*
Computing A*
german A*
English A

HELPPPP!
I suggest you follow the link that Amy has kindly provided and feel free to PM me!

When I was doing my GCSEs, my best friend was predicted similar grades and she stressed out a lot, but I managed to calm her down and guess what: she got all A*s :yep:

(Original post by AMYC1999)
Have a look at this
Thanks Amy!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads