The Student Room Group

Access to Computing?

I was thinking about applying for an Access to Computing course for next year but I was just wondering if it will get me into a good uni. I've been told it can get you into any uni however when I checked the UCL website they say its 'not acceptable for entrance to this programme'. Is it worth doing an access course or shall I do the course along side AS maths?
Reply 1
bump..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Royale
I was thinking about applying for an Access to Computing course for next year but I was just wondering if it will get me into a good uni. I've been told it can get you into any uni however when I checked the UCL website they say its 'not acceptable for entrance to this programme'. Is it worth doing an access course or shall I do the course along side AS maths?

It is up to the individual University on whether they accept an access course entree, however even if they do accept an entree for one subject such as nursing, they are high unlikely to accept for technical degrees such as STEM degrees. For Computing, you will not have many options when it comes to Universities from this course, but there will be some that will take you, just have a look around.
Reply 3
Original post by cnova
It is up to the individual University on whether they accept an access course entree, however even if they do accept an entree for one subject such as nursing, they are high unlikely to accept for technical degrees such as STEM degrees. For Computing, you will not have many options when it comes to Universities from this course, but there will be some that will take you, just have a look around.

Is KCL a good university? I'm looking for unis in London and KCL accepts access course entrees.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending