Can anyone who got an A*/A in GCSE history (edexcel) tell me how they revised Watch

Zayde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I really don't know how to revise but want a good grade could anyone share there revision tips? (im doing School history project B, nazi germany, medicine through time, and sugery)
Renss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Print a load of exam questions and begin to answer them and time yourself whilst attempting a past paper question. Make sure you try and do as many as you can because it is crazy how many times they repeat an exam question but word it differently, the more you do the more you become familiar with it and the easier it would become.

Good luck,
I also did other stuff but essentially answering and going over exam questions is the best
Got an A* in history but failing a level history really really badly
SeaweedBrain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Surgery was my source paper, so I'm guessing it's the same for you? You need to brush up on your source skills, practice evaluating and learn the content. You'll have to know the content for Medicine Through Time marginally better, because you won't be given the knowledge in the exam and you get loads of marks for it in the last questions. You don't have to learn one of the end sections; I only did Roman medicine and ignored the present day section, so that cuts down the amount of content you need to know (you get to choose which question to answer in the exam).

I got an A* by learning the content, had to resit the Surgery paper to get an A but got 100% in the 1st Depth Study I did (American West) just by learning everything. Good luck!
Zayde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Renss)
Print a load of exam questions and begin to answer them and time yourself whilst attempting a past paper question. Make sure you try and do as many as you can because it is crazy how many times they repeat an exam question but word it differently, the more you do the more you become familiar with it and the easier it would become.

Good luck,
I also did other stuff but essentially answering and going over exam questions is the best
Got an A* in history but failing a level history really really badly
Thanks and good luck with a level history
Zayde
Rep:
?
(Original post by SeaweedBrain)
Surgery was my source paper, so I'm guessing it's the same for you? You need to brush up on your source skills, practice evaluating and learn the content. You'll have to know the content for Medicine Through Time marginally better, because you won't be given the knowledge in the exam and you get loads of marks for it in the last questions. You don't have to learn one of the end sections; I only did Roman medicine and ignored the present day section, so that cuts down the amount of content you need to know (you get to choose which question to answer in the exam).

I got an A* by learning the content, had to resit the Surgery paper to get an A but got 100% in the 1st Depth Study I did (American West) just by learning everything. Good luck!
Okay cool thankyou
ibbi1824
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did Nazi Germany and got an A* by learning all the material by putting into a mindmap and doing tons of practice especially 16 markers because they help highlight stuff you may not know
NewCeremony
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got full marks back at GCSE by making revision cards for each topic (this was particularly helpful in medicine through time because each card was ordered chronologically and it really helped structure it in my head for me). Other than that I just went through past papers with mark schemes, noting down what each type of question was looking for and how to pick up marks easily. I made sure I knew exactly what the mark scheme wanted me to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Wild Youth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just went through the text book making full notes, pages and pages and pages and then just condensed them so that each topic would fit on a single page. Worked well for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed