This discussion is closed.
Fahad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
How does education really help me and our society? I thought about being less dependant on other countries, but that's the only one i can think off. This is a very hard question if you think about it, eventhough it might sound very easy. Any ideas?
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
How does education really help me and our society? I thought about being less dependant on other countries, but that's the only one i can think off. This is a very hard question if you think about it, eventhough it might sound very easy. Any ideas?
Education is key to civilisation because it helps members of our society comprehend their surroundings. Education also stops scientists working from scratch and proving things previous scientists have already proved, in this way it allows science and technology to advance faster.

In essence education is used as a tool for the human race to pass on knowledge to their children, in order for them to improve their standards of life. Education is also needed to prevent discimination from ignorance, statistics have shown that direct correlation between lack of education and prejudices such as racism.
Fahad
Rep:
?
In the 21st century, we don't need education. People who "want" to be educated can do the job, along with computer and various other technologies, don't you think?
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well of course we don't need education, we're all born with knowledge of the alphabet and numbers...
Fahad
Rep:
?
How sarcastic.. what i wanted to ask is.. why education when we have all the technology in this world. Education upto GCSE is enough.. that's what I think anywayz.
kindersurprise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And i suppose you have a machine in ur bedroom which can perform life saving heart surgery dont you.
xox
Fahad
Rep:
?
Those who "want" to be doctors are welcome. I'm arguing that education should be a voluntary issue here.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
How sarcastic.. what i wanted to ask is.. why education when we have all the technology in this world. Education upto GCSE is enough.. that's what I think anywayz.
Well we need people to further the technology don't we, and of course not all of it can be operated by the layman so we need people skilled enough to operate it.
kindersurprise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And it is voluntary after GCSE, just like you said before
Maybe you should read what you write sometime
xox
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
Those who "want" to be doctors are welcome. I'm arguing that education should be a voluntary issue here.
uh up to a point.

i dont want my country full of retards that dont know how to speak or write or add up properly.
(unless they have problems.. )
Fahad
Rep:
?
Yeah it is, but who would want to NOT do AS/A2 unless they intended to get a permanent job at Burger King or something. If everyone is accepted with GCSE's, then that won't be much of a problem. Those who want to continue are free. It's like getting the Masters and PhD. You don't have to, but it's better if you do.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
Yeah it is, but who would want to NOT do AS/A2 unless they intended to get a permanent job at Burger King or something. If everyone is accepted with GCSE's, then that won't be much of a problem. Those who want to continue are free. It's like getting the Masters and PhD. You don't have to, but it's better if you do.
That's a problem of the system which allows too many graduates.
kindersurprise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does anyone ever feel like they are talking to a brick wall?
Of course people arent accepted for high class jobs with merely GCSEs. Would you really want someone operating on you who just scrraped a C in biology GCSE?
Thought not.
xox
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fahad)
how to you think we got the technology in the first place?
operato
Report 15 years ago
basic education provides skilled workers for hi-tech jobs such as software engineering, etc. since the uk has become deindustrialised and more service orientated. education provides awareness and structure within life allowing you to do things that you would take for granted like right now talking on ukl forums.
Fahad
Rep:
?
kinder.. i was just joking :P I really meant my very first post though and I was answered beautifully by mysticmin and operato. I'm sorry
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (278)
48.01%
No (66)
11.4%
I'm not old enough (235)
40.59%

Watched Threads