This discussion is closed.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
absolutely agree with you there - the county circuit doesnt get the same recognition for international selection purposes compared with football and rugby where you see the Sol Campbells of this world play week in week out for Arsenal (the best team!) and the Dallagios playing for Wasps - i agree that the current international players must play in the county circuit more often - the international test tours and series should not infringe upon the county cricket season
yep yep yep, we seem to be almost on the same wavelength! except Bath rugby are better than wasps
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
yep yep yep, we seem to be almost on the same wavelength! except Bath rugby are better than wasps
ah - well we arent all perfect you an Arsenal fan at least?
4Ed
Rep:
?
ah - well we arent all perfect you an Arsenal fan at least?
yes, i'm a Gooner...
4Ed
Rep:
?
a decentish partnership is underway....... England 161-5. though still about 600 away from WIndies total, and 400 from follow on i believe.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
a decentish partnership is underway....... England 161-5. though still about 600 away from WIndies total, and 400 from follow on i believe.
good you are a Gooner ... yeah the partnership is beginning to blossom - Flintoff was very lucky that Lara 'dropped' him when trying to celebrate the catch. Nice 4 by Flintoff to end on 37* and Jones 32*
4Ed
Rep:
?
good you are a Gooner ... yeah the partnership is beginning to blossom - Flintoff was very lucky that Lara 'dropped' him when trying to celebrate the catch. Nice 4 by Flintoff to end on 37* and Jones 32*
phew.... Lara obviously forgot the 2 second rule

is that close of play now?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
phew.... Lara obviously forgot the 2 second rule

is that close of play now?
yep - hopefully these two will get big hundreds tomorrow and give the score some respectability - we will be following on - no doubt about that :rolleyes:
4Ed
Rep:
?
yep - hopefully these two will get big hundreds tomorrow and give the score some respectability - we will be following on - no doubt about that :rolleyes:
*phew*
at least we made it to close of play with some decent batsmen!

tho we'll need some of the top 5 to make some runs during the follow on... i can't see us lasing the next 3 days if not...
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
*phew*
at least we made it to close of play with some decent batsmen!

tho we'll need some of the top 5 to make some runs during the follow on... i can't see us lasing the next 3 days if not...
yep absolutely - hussain, butcher and thorpe are the keys to saving the match i think - and vaughan of course - but he isnt in any sort of form unlike the other three. Hopefully some rearguard action will sort us a little :cool:
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yep absolutely - hussain, butcher and thorpe are the keys to saving the match i think - and vaughan of course - but he isnt in any sort of form unlike the other three. Hopefully some rearguard action will sort us a little :cool:

Hopefully we'll manage about 250 to 300 in this first innings, a little bit of rain, then bat until the end tomorrow.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Unlucky Tresco.... out for 88. I was expecting great things from that opening partnership!

but still, 239-1 ain't bad.... Vaughan's got his century now.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
Both teams will be inferior to Orrell RUFC in a few years time once we get up to the prem
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
Unlucky Tresco.... out for 88. I was expecting great things from that opening partnership!

but still, 239-1 ain't bad.... Vaughan's got his century now.
Yes, I cannot see England collapsing now they look strong.
4Ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Yes, I cannot see England collapsing now they look strong.
don't tempt fate.... only 3 good balls and catches, and we'll be stuck again!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
don't tempt fate.... only 3 good balls and catches, and we'll be stuck again!
We have Flintoff. A good example of Lancashire's finest, he will bat us out
4Ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
We have Flintoff. A fine example of Lancashire's finest, he will bat us out
good old freddie.... a true crowd pleaser. hopefully i can get sum tickets to see england duringthe summer...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads