The Student Room Group

Help choosing course firm at uni

Mathematics with Economics (BSc) at LSE - 3Years or Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics at Warwick (MSc) - 4Years

LSE are asking for *AA, Warwick are also asking for *AA, but will reduce it to AAA if a 2 is achieved in STEP 1. I am very confused as to which one I should choose as my firm. My insurance is going to be Southampton, who are asking for AAB. Please can anyone help with the employability of the different courses, which is better for finance/investment banking/ actuarial sciences? Which is better for Social life? Which is a better course, which one is harder? etc. just anything to help make my decision please!

My other offers are from:
Bath - Mathematical Sciences - with placement year *AA
Bristol - Economics and Maths - *AA
Would either of these be better for a career into finance?

Thanks in advance guys
To be honest any of those universities would be good for maths

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Mathematics

I think really it comes down to where you want to live and what sort of person you are.

In Bath and Bristol you will probably have a better social life. LSE will be full of people on the autistic scale as will Warwick probably and Southampton will be the cheapest. LSE will be an expense because London is very dear.

All these degrees will lead to a great job if you put in the hours. You need to get an internship at the end of your second year. My daughter is doing maths at UCL ( lot of autistic type students) and my son's girlfriend is doing maths at Bristol - according to them the Bristol course is definitely easier - but has still lead to a great job.
Both are great but LSE edges Warwick, even though they're both major targets for front office roles. MORSE is a great course for that stuff and I've heard that Warwick's Finance Society is very good, too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest