The Student Room Group

I got 33/40 in my edexcel business studies coursework, what grade?

what grade is 33/40?
I think it's an A, just, but I'm not entirely sure so don't take my word for it :tongue: (I'm using last years grade boundaries for unit 2 investigating a small business)
I'm also doing edexcel business studies - which units are you doing?
Original post by charlottejyp
I think it's an A, just, but I'm not entirely sure so don't take my word for it :tongue: (I'm using last years grade boundaries for unit 2 investigating a small business)
I'm also doing edexcel business studies - which units are you doing?

oh its provisional grade so i think it will go up to 34 or 35... Im doing unit 1 and unit 3. What marks are you getting on unit 1?
Original post by Angelo12231
oh its provisional grade so i think it will go up to 34 or 35... Im doing unit 1 and unit 3. What marks are you getting on unit 1?

Ah you should be fine then :smile: I'm yet to find out my mark.
:five: I can't do unit 3 to save my life, I'm starting to worry
Getting 39, 38, 37s and once got a 40 but the grade boundaries are so high! And it's so easy to drop a couple of marks and drop a grade or two. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlottejyp
Ah you should be fine then :smile: I'm yet to find out my mark.
:five: I can't do unit 3 to save my life, I'm starting to worry
Getting 39, 38, 37s and once got a 40 but the grade boundaries are so high! And it's so easy to drop a couple of marks and drop a grade or two. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

haaaa im getting like 37,38 with the occational 39s :P unit 3 i thought was hard but its not too difficult. With business its all about structuring your answer. Check this link... this is how an examiner marks unit 3 tests: http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20Current%20GCSE/June%202013%20-%20ER/5BS03_01_pef_20130822.pdf
haaaa im getting like 37,38 with the occational 39s :P unit 3 i thought was hard but its not too difficult. With business its all about structuring your answer. Check this link... this is how an examiner marks unit 3 tests: http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20Current%20GCSE/June%202013%20-%20ER/5BS03_01_pef_20130822.pdf

Yeah I know, so much is to do with technique and how you answer the question :frown: thanks for the link, will definitely be reading through it :biggrin:
You got 82.5% and in most subjects that usually is an A. As this is coursework then it is either a high merit or low distinction. I am not certain though.
Original post by L'Etudiant
You got 82.5% and in most subjects that usually is an A. As this is coursework then it is either a high merit or low distinction. I am not certain though.

i dont do bTech
I don't do BTEC

Oh, sorry. I saw coursework being mentioned so I assumed this was for a BTEC. Your result is still 82.5% though and that is almost always an A :smile:
Original post by L'Etudiant
Oh, sorry. I saw coursework being mentioned so I assumed this was for a BTEC. Your result is still 82.5% though and that is almost always an A :smile:

lol yh i hope it goes up to like 34 or 35...because 35 is a cool mark like that... not that i care of course
I got 34 mate, Edexcel. Ranked as a middle A. Not too bad but I was aiming for an A*, so hopefully I can make it up in the exam.
Original post by ItssGoood
I got 34 mate, Edexcel. Ranked as a middle A. Not too bad but I was aiming for an A*, so hopefully I can make it up in the exam.

haa im smashing both tests

Quick Reply

Latest