For 2014/15 international students...post when you recieve your CAS Watch

nicolew100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm anxiously awaiting my CAS number. Thought it might help to check and see if anyone has received theirs or when students begin to get their number through email.
krakitt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know that as an American student, I can't apply for my visa until 3 months before the start of my course. I'm not sure if it's the same for all international students though.. My contact here in the US told me that I should receive my CAS number around late May/mid June. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. You can always email the international office and I'm sure they can help you if you'd like!
nicolew100
Rep:
?
Appearantly the 3 months before the start of the course means 90 days ahead of your travel date which means (approx.) May 15th.

And I know it will get here when it they send it, but I've planned for this for over a year. I'm anxious for the next step!
dana_kat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I totally know what you mean. I know it'll get here and everything will work out in the end, but I'm antsy! I already applied for a Tier 4 visa once before when I did a semester in London for undergrad, and I did everything pretty much last minute. It was a pain.

I figured I'd ask this question here. Fellow Americans, do you know if we have to provide any proof of funds with our visa application? From my understanding we don't because we're from a "low risk" country. I had to provide a letter from my bank stating that I had enough money last time I applied for a UK visa, but I'm wondering if that was a mistake on my school's behalf. Of course, I will email Glasgow's international office to make sure, but I wanted to see if any of you had any insight.
nicolew100
Rep:
?
I asked my university and they will be sending me a letter as proof of funds (I'm borrowing US Federal Aid) but I asked them if should send it with my application and they said no. You only send it if its required, rules state if you are from a low risk country, no evidence that isn't required will be considered.

I'm debating buying my airfare. Prices are all over the map for a one way ticket...anything from $700ish to $1600. I want to fly BA since I'm building points with them...
American_student
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nicolew100)
I asked my university and they will be sending me a letter as proof of funds (I'm borrowing US Federal Aid) but I asked them if should send it with my application and they said no. You only send it if its required, rules state if you are from a low risk country, no evidence that isn't required will be considered.

I'm debating buying my airfare. Prices are all over the map for a one way ticket...anything from $700ish to $1600. I want to fly BA since I'm building points with them...
I was thinking the best solution is to fly into Manchester or London, and take a 3-4 train to Glasgow.
nicolew100
Rep:
?
I was going to do that but I know based on my last trip to Glasgow I'll be exhausted by the time I get to London.

I went ahead and purchased my airfare last night for a decent price. I shouldn't have a problem getting the Visa (but if I do, I'll just take a vacation).

Plus that leaves the Visa application fee and a laptop as my last 2 remaining "big purchases".
nicolew100
Rep:
?
No one....yet? I guess if not, I'll take that as a good sign as I've asked and they keep saying in the next day or so but I haven't gotten an email as of yet.
dana_kat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope, not yet.
nicolew100
Rep:
?
The good news...CAS number received today!

Bad news: They list my country of birth as UNITED KINGDOM instead of United States.

Hopefully this will be a quick fix.
dana_kat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got mine today too.
Sedwar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did you guys receive the CAS? By email or do I need to long into one of the student center websites to find it?
Sedwar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did you guys receive the CAS? By email or do I have to log into my Glasgow account?
nicolew100
Rep:
?
Email
elpalesteno
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got it 2 days ago finally, now i can apply for the visa
Caorann
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've received mine by email a few days ago. Time to get that visa application started.
Gammagirl80
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got mine a while ago via email but in the "previous UK visa" section they put "no" when I do in fact have one. They're taking forever to correct it and I have to apply ASAP since they have your passport while they process everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
rachitahuja20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey How are you all?
How much time does the university take to send the CAS letter?
I am applying from India for Msc Computer Science, is there any other postgraduate student here?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Glasgow
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (169)