Completely pointless buying an Iphone 4s now?

Watch
OlivierGiroud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Don't know anything about phones.
pierreboobvier
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why do you think it'd be pointless? I have an iPhone 4, suits me fine.

You should probably try the Samsung Galaxys though. Way more reliable than an iphone.
kmcg97
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
iPhone 5C is available for £28 p/m no upfront cost. I think it is pretty pointless tbh
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yep. You should buy an iphone 5 if you really want a phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
OlivierGiroud
Rep:
?
Sorry, this is a pretty bad thread.

I'm using a HTC Desire I got for free. Before this I was using a Nokia from 2004.

kmcg97, can I see a link for contract? It sounds quite good.

Most contracts I saw with unlimited internet/minutes were around 40 a month.
OlivierGiroud
Rep:
?
(Original post by pierreboobvier)

You should probably try the Samsung Galaxys though. Way more reliable than an iphone.
Too big and ugly.

Would be interested in a reasonably priced Android as long as it looked good (around 200)
s2004060
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by OlivierGiroud)
Sorry, this is a pretty bad thread.

I'm using a HTC Desire I got for free. Before this I was using a Nokia from 2004.

kmcg97, can I see a link for contract? It sounds quite good.

Most contracts I saw with unlimited internet/minutes were around 40 a month.

40 quid a month?! Well, whatever phone you choose, I suggest you go for a sim free phone and use giffgaff. So let's say Nexus 5 is £278. If you use giffgaff's £12/month unlimited internet goodybag, the total cost over 24 months is only £566 (though without 4G). On 3 an all-you-can-eat data plan would cost you £889. An O2 5GB plan would cost £912.
Dnator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm beginning to wake up to what a con contract phones are. When my note 2 dies I will just get something like a moto G and a gifgaf type sim deal.
hellodave5
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All iPhone's are practically the same it seems... apart from bits of augmented features... may be better off getting an older one as its cheaper if pay as you go.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by OlivierGiroud)
Too big and ugly.

Would be interested in a reasonably priced Android as long as it looked good (around 200)
Moto G. As little as £99 and spec'd well in line with much more expensive devices, with pure Android 4.4 so no ugly carrier skinning. It's much quicker and more responsive than my brother's iPhone 4, which is starting to show its age now.
Namige
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Moto G. As little as £99 and spec'd well in line with much more expensive devices, with pure Android 4.4 so no ugly carrier skinning. It's much quicker and more responsive than my brother's iPhone 4, which is starting to show its age now.
^ this. Probably the best value phone I've ever seen.
MedMed12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Got one two weeks ago and its been absolutely fine. I'm not really into the latest gadgets so it doesn't bother me tbh
Don't see much of a difference between 4s and 5s besides the size.
JJ_TW
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd always go for the best for what you can afford. Like a iPhone 5c maybe. I've recently upgraded to the iPhone 5s and I don't know if it's because it was like two years old but my 4s was getting ridiculously slow, crashing, freezing etc. and I was getting so fed up with it not to mention the draining battery. The 5c is actually pretty decently priced, depends what you want to pay really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Solemn Rain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pierreboobvier)

I beg to differ. My year old samsung s3 has gone bonkers, it keeps going into drive mode randomly(every now and again) and it is driving me nuts!
Jambofun
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you have no strict budget, I wouldn't buy an iPhone any time soon as the iPhone 6 is most likely to be released in the next few months and I reckon it'll be a huge step up from the more recent iPhone 5S.

However, if it's just a mobile phone of good quality you're looking for, an iPhone 4S is adequate and still works well. Will be slower than recent models and do remember that Apple only supports major updates to it's iOS platform for a few generations. One of the reasons I will upgrade this year is because I currently have a 4S and am afraid that I will not be able to have all of the features in the next update of iOS.
syrettd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dnator)
I'm beginning to wake up to what a con contract phones are. When my note 2 dies I will just get something like a moto G and a gifgaf type sim deal.
I did this about a week ago, except the sim deal was Virgin instead. Moto G is great, no complaints so far.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.06%
No - I have already returned home (21)
13.04%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (35)
21.74%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.47%

Watched Threads